OT: Viva Australia!

Thanks,OZ! A voice of sanity amid the canned propaganda.

From the Jerusalem Post:

Australia will no longer refer to Jerusalem as 'occupied'.

"'Occupied East Jerusalem' is a term freighted with pejorative implications, which is neither appropriate nor useful," says Australian FM.

Thanks, FM Julie Bishop and Atty General George Brandis.

Read full story at:

HP

Reply to
Higgs Boson

1+
Reply to
Todd

Now, the U.S. should allow "Israel" be listed as a person's nation of birth when the person was born in Jerusalem. Currently, the passport of a U.S. citizen born in Jerusalem only indicates that city without mention of any nation. This is currently being disputed in federal courts.

My passport, however, shows that I was born in California, USA (place and nation).

Reply to
David E. Ross

Just so you know, do NOT include me in that thank you.

Anything, and I do mean anything, that either Julie Bishop or that supremely disgusting creature George Brandis do will always be so highly suspect that I wouldn't believe God himself if he told me it was a worthy action.

No doubt what Brandis (spit, vomit) and that nasty piece of work Bishop are doing and or saying would be against at least 50,000 UN findings and probably highly immoral, unethical and nonsensical and no doubt being done for monetary gain for their party or its adherents.

Reply to
Fran Farmer

Ooops! Just got my head handed to me. Sorry, Fran; didn't know you were in Oz.

I try to keep on youse guys; never forget my glorious 6 weeks Down Under (Oz & EnZed); would love to go back.

But evidently haven't kept up on the politics.

Can you direct me to a reasonably non-partisan analysis of those two politicians? Would be grateful.

HB+

Reply to
Higgs Boson

And also, SVP, chapter and verse on these "50,000 UN findings". Do you mean General Assembly, where Israel bashing is common, or the Security Council, where it is less so.

Confused.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Yes, it is less so in the Security Council.

The USA has been very effective in using its power of vetoto protect Israel from UN Security Council sanctions. At least 41 times the US has used that veto power to protect Israel:

And Israel ignores sanctions:

Fran Farmer

[...]

Oops! Time to back off...