OT: Any Libertarians out there?

We need a little humor to combat the too-early dark.

Zip on over to and scroll way down to:

Most Popular:

Ayn Rand Reviews Children's Movies

HB

Reply to
Hypatia Nachshon

Not quite me but let me offer for groups amusement this scholarly university publication:

Frank

  1. Ayn Rand wasn't a "libertarian." In fact, she despised them.
  2. Most libertarians aren't particularly enamored of Rand's philosophy either.

The most common on-line comment I've seen of the New Yorker piece is "Another commentary on Ayn Rand from someone who never read anything she wrote."

Reply to
Bert

Thanks for correction. I took for granted what I "should" have researched. Confusion may be partly explained by:

This graph from Wikipedia's report on Rand:

Academia has generally rejected Rand's philosophy,[5] although it has been a significant influence among libertarians and American conservatives.

I can only accept as your opinion, though I welcome cites, "Most libertarians aren't particularly enamored of Rand's philosophy either." Lipstick on a pig?

I DID read -- as a clueless teenager -- both of THOSE novels, but have since endeavoured to put my time to more profitable use. Wasn't there something sexy in at least one of them? Memory doesn't stretch back quite that far..

I did find the "review of children's books" story a deft needle plunged into the heart of the Rand mystique (block that metaphor!)

HB

Reply to
Hypatia Nachshon