Climate Change?

Over the years 2006-2013 in my area, the average daily low temperature
for January was 50F and the average daily high was 64F.
In 2014, the average daily low was 57F and the average daily high was 74F.
This year, the average daily low was 54F and the average daily high was
68F.
No, two years do not make a climate trend. However, I see year-to-year
increasing averages of lows and highs in my area over the entire 9 years
for which I have daily January data. I also see similar trends for the
other months over the 8 years for which I have daily data for each month.
Reply to
David E. Ross
Locally, we have had more rain already in 4 months than all of the prior 12 months; but we are still below average. I just heard that San Francisco had zero rain this January; that was the first time since records were kept (over 150 years) that San Francisco had a dry January.
Reply to
David E. Ross
"David E. Ross" writes:
Where is your area? How are you getting these averages, is this something you are computing or from some other source?
I thought it was interesting, last year (2014) was the hottest year on record world wide, but the East coast of the USA (where I am) was cooler than average.
Reply to
Dan Espen
i'm glad there has been some rains, but i cannot tell from a distance how much of what i see on the radar actually makes it to the ground or to the snow pack in the mountains.
interesting about SF, but i thought i saw some storms going through there... hmmm. must have went north. the northern part looks to have gotten a lot more.
songbird
Reply to
songbird
I am in southern California, between the San Fernando Valley and the city of Thousand Oaks, about 3 miles north of the Ventura Freeway (US 101). The Cheeseboro automated weather station (CHE) is located about 2 miles east of my house. It is maintained by the National Park Service since it is in the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area, which immediate borders my community on the north and east and includes land about 3 miles to the south.
CHE feeds data via satellite to a computer in Sacramento operated by the California Department of Water Resources (DWR). In turn, the DWR's computer generates a Web page displaying hourly values of temperature, cumulative rainfall since the start of the "rain year", relative humidity, wind speed and direction, maximum wind gust speed and direction, estimated moisture content and temperature of adjacent fuel (mostly chaparral), and the state of the station's battery. The default is to display these data over the past 12 hours, but I use an option that displays 24 hours. The page is automatically updated about 45 minutes after the hour.
Also, the DWR's Web site provides tools to access historical data. These include hourly temperature and accumulated rainfall back to 1997 and daily maximum and minimum temperatures back to 2005 (hourly minimums and maximums back to 2001).
For further details about my climate, see my .
Reply to
David E. Ross
Spotted this article on warming:

Conservative source but I also remember hearing it elsewhere.
Last year here in Northern DE we had our second highest recorded years snowfalls yet this year I have not even fired up my snow thrower once.
Reply to
Frank
The person who wrote that article you cite either a) can't read for comprehension when checking sources, b) told lies about the sources he says he's quoting, or, to be mildly charitable, c) didn't bother to check the sources he says he's using.
The writer says that both NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies and NOAA's National Climatic Data Center were less categorical about 2014 being the warmest year on record than what news accounts which all sya that it was the warmest year on record. That is a total fiction, lie or failure to understand on the author's part.
Both of those organisations state very, very clearly that 2014 WAS the hottest year on record.

He also goes on to propagate that old porky of "no global warming for 18 years". Again, on that score both of those organsations show that he's clueless if he really does believe that:

Reply to
Fran Farmer

Site Timeline Threads