Subject Author Posted Replies

Pruning eucalyptus
Yes, it would be very OK. However, if you chop them off at about ankle height, they will come more like a bush than a tree and that is the option I owuld take in most instances. If you chop them off...
16
16

A Goliath project on a David budget
Hi Folks, I just joined the forum today so thought I'd pop on to say hi. I've recently finished building a new house which I'm over the moon with. Unfortunately, my house with a footprint of 93 square...
10
10

Designing a Compost Bin
I am a Product Designer at the University of Huddersfield, England. I am currently designing a rotating compost tumbler and was wondering if any of you have any advice for me when it comes to...
24
24

Bee Friendly Gardening
I'm taking part in a sustainable initiative that wants to help save bees in London. We would really appreciate some information from people interested in gardenening to help push our project forward...
10
10

Advice on choice of foundation plants to create a hedge
Hello, I am new to gardening and would would very much appreciate your advice. I would like to plant a hedge around my front garden. It is currently 5m x 8m of lawn. The house is end of terrace and...
12
12

Aucuba Japonica(Spotted Laurel) Dead Plants
Hope someone can help!? Over the past two years, the Spotted Laurel in a large garden I've been working in have suffered almost total devastation with mass dying of the shrubs. I have been aware that...
2
2

Blooming and pruning
hi , We are an upcoming gardening business , and host a new forum service , I would very much appreciate it from anyone would contribute and post on our site - 'HOME - blooming and pruning' ( thanks

Daffodils
I may have an opportunity to dig up some daffodils from an old abandoned farm house. I will need to dig them while they are still in bloom. I will re plant them in the fall but what do I do in the...
7
7

History And Care Of Gardenia Plants And Gardenia Flowers
Hi Everybody, I just published an article about gardenia plants and thought it might be helpful for some members in this forum.... *Gardenia* is a genus of flowering plants comprised of about 142...
12
12

Some tips for supplying nutrients in your garden soil
Hey I just wanted to share with you an other article I wrote yesterday. It is about nutrients in soil and what you can do to improve oder test it. I hope you like it. Here it is:
3
3

Need advice/tips for repotting my Aloe without breaking him
I live in Casper, WY and I Have a Huge Aloe Vera that needs repotted but Im affraid of breaking him. For our climate he is rare, even for a house plant. He is 4' 2" tall, 38" from side to side and has...
6
6

Hedging Question
Hi All, Can anyone offer some advice on this topic. I have recently purchased a property which is surrounded by a large conifer hedge, its 5ft deep and 14ft high. Parts of the edge are dead where it...
4
4

USPS Parcel Post Fedex Scam Aert
FedEx Smartpost USPS Insurance Scam Alert FedEx Smartpost is so slow. It usually takes 8 to 9 days to go cross USA. 3-4 days to just go to same or an adjoining state. They use USPS parcel post so...

Missed required minimum on IRA
I just discovered that I fell a little short on my required minimum distribution on my IRA. Is there anything I can do to repair this oversight? If not, how do I go about paying the penalty?
3
3

Maintenance of Dracaena Massangeana (Corn Plant)
Hi, I bought my first plant in January 2011. Dracaena Massangeana or Corn plant. I would like to know a few things about how to maintain it and about how it "works". When I fist bought it, it looked...
8
8