Subject Author Posted Replies

Lavender care.
Hello. I've two potted lavenders in my garden that didn't seem to do very well last year. They grew slightly but never really flowered veraciously and always looked like they were lacking something. I...
7
7

salt removal from walks
vacuum it off. If you have a indoor outdoor shop vac for sucking up water, after vacuuming the dry wet it down and continue vacuuming. Ingrid...

Algon patio cleaner for algae
I've not seen anyone talking about a product I use called Algon for a few years & wanted to say how fantastic it is at this time of the year. I've been using it for cleaning the algae & moss from my...
1
1

Steep slope - planting ideas to save back pain cutting the grass?
Hi, Can anyone suggest alternative options than having grass on a steep slope I have. The slope is down my lane so not overly close to the house. Want a low maintenance way of covering the ground...
2
2

De-Icing Salt
With winter closing, my pathways in the garden are still covered in the de-icing salt I bought from 'Value Topsoil | Bark Mulch | Decorative Aggregates | De-icing Salt from Hallstone' ( It's proving...
6
6

Identifying a plant
Hi all, I'm new to the forum so first off a big hello:) I've stated to do some work on my garden at my new flat and have noticed that my borders are over grown with a plant that I need to identify....
13
13

ahhhh!
first flowers today. some of the purple crocus showed up. usually the yellow ones are first. temps went from 14F the other night to 24F two nights ago, last night was in the 40sF and now today is...
5
5

Second time round
I have several bags of once- used seed compost, and wonder if it can be safely used again for its original purpose. If the answer is yes, what kind of fertiliser should be used (if any) to revive it?
1
1

Horticultural oil
Thought I'd share this article from Dave's Garden. what used to be called "dormant spray/oil" is now formulated quite differently. Inter alia, it is no longer necessarily petroleum-based. Article says...
1
1

Seeds from bulb plant?
A while back I requested ID on this plant: response was Tulip. It is doing well in pot, and producing what look like seeds. I am collecting these, and before I put time into growing them out, can I...
15
15

My wife
Bless her she doesn't now the first thing about gardening. It would be a start if she'd get her blinking "roots" done though. Maybe then i'd give her a good "stemming". Sorry readers i couldn't...
4
4

plants poking skyward
gradually spring is coming along. i'm glad to have the longer days and some attempts at warmth. took a short walk around the gardens and checked 'em out to see what might be starting to show. some...
3
3

Okay so I have some weeds...
You know, just the general green menaces that you pick up in and around the garden (oooo I love gardens) and I won't lie, I'm a smoker so I tried to put them into a cigarette to see what its like to...
13
13

ISO: Thuja Green Giant
Hi, I just join today after doing a Google search for Thuja Green Giant. What a wonderful site, so glad to have joined, just sad i didnt find it sooner. Anyways, i've was told about Green Giant in...
7
7

Help
Can anyone let me know what these are on my lawn and if they harm the grass? +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: | |Download:...