Subject Author Posted Replies

New Bbc1 Gardening Series
Do you want to transform an outside space that has been neglected, abandoned or just un-loved, into a green paradise? Are you part of a community project, residents association, charity or local...
1
1

Help! Which Hydrangea?
Hi, Can anyone offer any advice as to which Climbing Hydrangea would be the best choice to go for? I've been looking at the Evergreen Hydrangea Seemanii and the Hydrangea Petiolaris. I've heard they...
1
1

contributing to a book about allotments
I?m part of a team working on a book called ?101 Problems Managing and Growing On Your Allotment And How To Solve Them? and I was wondering whether anyone on this forum would like to contribute....
1
1

If you can grow good soil, you can grow good food
Growing Power not only grows food, but it produces all the soil it uses in food production, composting more than 22 million pounds of food waste collected from breweries, coffee companies and...

Climber advice?
Hi Everyone I am new to the forum and relatively new to gardening, my mission this year is to sort out my garden. I am wanting a climber which is fast growing, hardy, likes partial shade, ideally...
1
1

Keeping track!
I always sprawl messages on the calendar and then end up flicking through old ones to compare what I did and when. I have just found a very simple, A4 rolling calendar (A3 when open) being sold by a...

Is this dead?
------------------------------------------------------------------------ A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see the results, please visit Is it dead - Yes chop it out. - No it's...
16
16

Please -- what is this plant ? (photo shown)
It is a perennial in the midwest -- flowers like crazy in the spring. It's the blue and white flowers I need, not the yellow coreopsis. Fantastic plant but can't remember what it is. THANKS
4
4

Advice on Cloches - Detirmined to beat local cats, high winds and Caterpillars!
Hi Folks, I'm a bit of a ?New? gardener and I'm looking for some advice on the use of Garden cloches. We finished landscaping our garden last year and put in 8 x raised beds around 2m x 1m. Although...
6
6

Hedge maintenance - who's responsibility is it?
Hi there, Please can anyone tell me who is legally responsible for maintaining a hedge planted in someone's garden but growing over the fence into someone else's garden - my neighbor's hedge is...
5
5

Rose Question
I have already replaced a few of my Deer eaten roses this spring. One of them had very little foliage but it was the only yellow one the had so I took a chance. As chance would have it the deer...
4
4

Helleborus love
Hi all, I saw some pictures of Helleborus and I literally fell in love with them!!! I would like to put some on my west facing balcony in London that gets really windy and cold...can you suggest any...
1
1

Janet Baraclough
Someone looking for Janet Baraclough over in Could be a process server for all I know, but if someone knows how to reach the irascible Scot, they might give her a heads up.

Potted Black Cherry (Prunus serotina) - Help Needed!
Hello, Please forgive my ignorance, but I have a question concerning the health of potted Black Cherry (Prunus serotina) saplings, and I hope someone here can help. For years I have been potting these...
1
1