Subject Author Posted Replies

holes in lawn
any one know what makes small holes in lawn leaving little oval balls of soil that look like animal droppings (like big rat droppings size)? This is in NSW Australia.
5
5

Horse manure mixed with multiple purpose compost?
Hi there, Just wondered if it would be ok to mix in horse manure with my usual compost for doing my potting plants?....neard good and bad things about this stuff!....also is it true if you lay a small...
3
3

Disguising a boundary view
Hi The end of my NW facing garden has a 6 foot conifer hedge across it which is owned by the bungalow we back on to. Unfortunately it is not quite high enough and their bungalow roof is quite a...
2
2

Potting plants.
Hello all. Am very new to this gardening lark and am seeking advice on potting plants. I have recently acquired two lovely Bay trees that are doing very well much to my surprise. I have decided to...
2
2

My new friend ...
... came to frolic in the sunshine on a fine autumn day. went to try for a closer mug shot but he/she went away into the long grass. As I say to people who help in my garden " I do all the irrigation,...
7
7

Dracaena Marginata Stalk is Dying/Dead
I've had this plant for many years, but now the stalk/stem/cane is dying...actually dead already, I think. How can I save the 6-7 plants growing from the main cane before I lose the entire plant? I'm...
3
3

Automated irragation
Hello I hoping someone can help me. We've got a little courtyard with raised beds. It's so small I thought it'd be great if we could divert all the lovely rain water from the roof on it's way down to...
3
3

Problems with bluebells
New here so appriciate any advise..... We planted some bluebells bought from a local garden centre, they flowered the first year but we have had no flowers since. they appear to be spreading and...
4
4

Greenhouse Heat Sink
Have Just Installed A Small Heatsink System And It Works! Using A 5 Watt Solar Panel Old Fan From Computer And 40mm Waste Pipe All Attatched To A Small 12 Volt Battery. If You Go To It Gives All The...
8
8

Bamboo
Hello, The neighbor up the hill decided to plant some bamboo to cover the steep hill behind his house. It has quickly come down the hill over the years and it dangerously close to my yard. What can I...
6
6

Trachycarpus
I have a trachycarpus in my back garden. It is now about 15 feet high. Can i stop it getting any bigger? I really don't want to have it chopped down as it is so beautiful.
1
1

peanut
I have a 6ins peanut plant growing in a pot on a sunny window sill I have no idea what to expect or how to care for it we live in Cornwall and have a garden and a greenhouse

Best way to get my new Yew hedge going?
I've just bought a number of Yew trees, all about 4" in height with a generous root ball encased in sacking and wire mesh. Wonding if anyone has any recommendations about planting these? location is...

My balcony garden needs some magic...any creative idea?
Hi all! I am trying to create a little garden on my balcony in London as I love plants!...I put a little table there and I would like to put some nice plants on it, any suggestion? possibly something...
1
1

rosemary
Hi maryrose, You dont say where you are ?? but as a general rule they are best pruned immedeately after flowering and here in Cornwall UK, they are in flower now ! Depending on how small you want to...
4
4