Subject Author Posted Replies

Pine bark
Hi gardeners, i'm wondering if the pine bark may consider a slow absorption fertilizer or at least just a fertilizer. The reason why i'm asking this is 'cause I use to take some pine bark form the...
12
12

Re: What is the type/name of my plant?
Hi crazifox, The plant goes by the name of Tradescantia (commelinacae) not sure about the variety as there are lots. What I do know is that it looks like the type commonly grown as a houseplant (T...
1
1

Red Tip Photinia
Can someone tell me what is the tallest size you can reasonably expect to find for a Red Tip Photinia? Would those be 15 gallon plants? My landscaper is installing a hedge and put in plants that are...
7
7

Eucalyptus tree in a pot
I bought a beautiful Eucalyptus coccifera in a 20 litre pot, the tree is about 1.40m tall. I would like to grow it in a pot, what pot size do you suggest?At the moment I have potted it in a 40cm pot...
2
2

Help Plants Hydroponic Nutrients
For plants to grow properly it is essential to feed them with right nutrients. There are a wide variety of hydroponic gardening supplies available. 'Help Plants Grow Strong with Hydroponic Nutrients'...
6
6

How to make a clematis climb
I bought a mature Clematis that is growing about 40 cm on a cane in a pot. I would like to train it to grow on a trellis, how do I do this now? shall I remove the plant from the cane on the pot or...
1
1

Tool Hire
Hi, I am new to this gardening malarkey but i had a massive mound of mud in my garden which the gardener decided to leave there and now i have a bit more time to myself i have been turning my hand to...
4
4

Help/advice needed, thanks
Hi All Great to be part of Garden Banter. I have two young children (four and 3 months) and work full time at Simply Patio I also have a long narrow garden which is looking neglected! I haven't got...
4
4

seed failure
having grown seeds saved from last years plants and alway using a good seed compost we have hardly any appear. been doing this for years so not a novice any suggestions would be welcome seeds are...
7
7

Gardening Tips
Of course if trees are cut down for solar panels then the increased demand on the air-conditioning in summertime might use more energy than the solar panels make. So consider a hardwood tree for the...
19
19

May have killed my wild meadow before its started.
I have sown a section of my garden with Wild Meadow seed recently (less than 2 weeks ago) , but today I have spread weed and feed over this area aswell, when I was doing the rest of the lawn. As soon...
6
6

Earth...
This is a non-commercial attempt from http://www.sanctuaryasia.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/sanctuaryasiapage, to highlight the fact that world leaders, irresponsible corporates and mindless...
11
11

White papery leaves on tomatoe and celery seedlings
Two years ago I grew tomatoes on the bathroom windowsill. The seedlings soon developed some leaves which became papery and white and the plants had to be discarded. Last year I disinfected the...
9
9

Nandina domestica...is she dead??
I have a Nandina Domestica in my West faced balcony. When I bought it a month ago, it was really beautiful and healthy but now the leaves are very very dry, brownish and almost crinkled....what...
3
3

Construction waste, how do I regenerate my garden?
We built a rear extension and once this was all completed, the garden is now a disaster. No grass and rubble all over. I am clueless about gardening, but very interested. I would like to clear this up...
9
9