Subject Author Posted Replies

Killing vines
With a parasitic vine that climbs a tree attaching itself to a plum tree probably using the trees sap for sustenance can I cut the vine and put glyphosate on the cuts or will the glyphosate get back...

Planting a grafted wisteria
Hi, I am wondering if i have planted this wisteria at the correct depth. I heard that you need to have the graft about 2 inches above the soil, but i can't tell which bit is the graft. Ive attached a...
2
2

Canna Question
Last fall Hubby dug up, with lots of soil around it, our President canna. It stayed under the house til 2 weeks ago. We brought it in to give it a good headstart on growing. It goes outside during the...
3
3

Cold and damp
This is an absolutely meaningless message that I feel safe to post only because I'm among friends (I hope!) It's April 14. Cold, damp, rain or threatening. In So. Calif coastal, we have -- or had,...
4
4

What is the 'age' of plant cuttings?
Hello. I was wondering how 'old' a cutting from a plant would be. As an example: Imagine you have a five year old plant, that is old enough to produce fruit. If you took a cutting from this plant,...
5
5

Magnolia tree questions
Hi i'm new at gardening but extremely keen, i've recently purchased a magnolia tree (Grown in a pot not a seedling) and would like to know the best soil type to plant it with and where abouts i can...
3
3

Short Gardening Questionnaire
Hi, My name is Larry, I'm a student at Loughborough University. I'm undergoing some research for my degree and I would really appreciate anyone who could spare 5 minutes to answer some of my...
5
5

Seeking advise on plants cuttings and suchlike
We are seeking advice on obtaining either advise or how tos on taking or obtaining cuttings from plants hedging and several other "cottage garden" type species any help links or whatever would be...
1
1

best quality 1 - 2 gallon hand sprayer?
As a kid, I used a really nice quality poly hand pump sprayer to apply pesticides and foliar fertilizers. It had a brass wand, handle and tip. I believe the cup inside was actually leather, and if it...
2
2

legume/clover for short, low maintenance yard?
Are there any legumes or clovers that I could incorporate into a low maintenance yard? I have purchased a couple of short, relatively slow growing fescue varieties, but a legume would add some...
9
9

Amber jelly on evergreen shrub
Hoping for some help please! I moved recently to a house with a carefully-planned mature garden, which I'm trying to care for properly but I'm not familiar with some of the plants. I noticed today...
9
9

Bald patches on lawn
I was wondering if you could give me some advice about my lawn. I laid it 2 years ago with turf, but my garden gets very water logged in the winter, and doesn't get much sunlight so doesn't dry out...
4
4

Rose Help Please
The directions on my Beyer rose concentrate have worn off. It is for Black Spot and all those other problems. Does any one know what the amount per gallon is? I will try to contact Beyer but they have...
2
2

Soil odor?
I have a room in my house that is above a crawl space and soil. It's the only room like that. In the winter and most of the time, everything is fine but sporadically, I have this horrible odor in that...
2
2

Wistera problem
My wisteria planted four years ago.Which this year has produce flower buds and were just begining to open when the buds and new leaves have suddenly started to wilt and die.I can't see any notice the...
3
3