Subject Author Posted Replies

Dwarf Plumeria Plants Versus Compact Plumeria Plants
Hi Everybody, Following is an article I recently published for everybody interested in growing dwarf or compact plumeria plants.... Plumeria growers worldwide, especially in temperate climates, are...

Cutting Mums back
When is the right time to do that for fullness and not falling over with blooms? Mine are over a foot tall and look spindly already. I'm in Delaware right in the middle of the peninsula zone 7. TIA
3
3

bad back?
Hi everyone If you suffer from a bad back when gardening, you might be interested in PosturePlast- a new, drug-free product that can help reduce and prevent back pain. To celebrate the Chelsea Flower...

Gardening in China
Due to start work in industrial city near Beijing. Dry soil, air pollution and temperatures from -10C to 100C.... so what can I grow from seed over there??
3
3

Urgent Help Please (Conifers)
Hi, please does anyone have any advice for me. My situation is this.. I was out when Gardeners came round to trim the row of Conifers in the front garden. Id asked them to cut the front part right...
1
1

Hawthorn Hedge Disaster - Help!
We planted a hawthorne hedge bought from a local garden centre that had been recommended to us about 3 years ago. We explained where we were planting it, what for etc and they advised us just to plant...
1
1

how much sand/dry cement for shed base?
hi, i have prepared my shed base in my garden and now i am about to lay a sand/dry cement (researching on this site i have read people using a 10 parts sand to 1 part dry cement mix). i would like to...
2
2

Apple tree problems.
My apple tree has developed a problem, does anybody have any ideas what this may be (see photos)
1
1

Planting adopted daffodils
A friend gave me a box full of daffs that he dug up in his yard while he was clearing out an area. I know that Fall is the best time to plant daffs, but I can't plan that far in advance. By that time...
6
6

Flymo lawn mowers
Hello Peeps! I wonder if you can help me please? I have 2 lawn mowers, one is a Flymo turbo 300 and the other is a Flymo turbo 350. Both are the push variety, not hover. I just wanted to know if the...

Monkey nut
Hi Just bought a growing kit for a Monkey nut Plant..Never grew anything like that before..Was wondering what the success rate was ? Looking Forward to the outcome..Lets hope they like dull, damp,...

Holes in the ground
past few weeks I've noticed several small holes that are about 2 inches wide appear in my back yard like the above example. I've been at this location for six years and this is the first time I've...
15
15

Extracting a broken riser in a lawn irrigation setup
If a riser breaks off flush with the T-connector, the part of the old riser that is still inside the connector will need to be extracted before a replacement riser can be threaded into place. A...
2
2

Trailing geraniums
I planted 40 trailing geraniums in my window boxes yesterday. I am gutted today to find that nine of them have been snapped off and there is no sign of the snapped off parts. Has any one got an...
1
1

31,000 year old flower
This is from Science News on-line, April 7. The bloom isn't off this ancient plant Fruit preserved more than 30,000 years in Siberia=92s permafrost yields a living flower By Devin Powell April 7th,...
8
8