Subject Author Posted Replies

Need some advise
My Brother has had problems growing tomatoes and peppers............he has clay soil, poor drainage and just had soil tested and came back with ph 7.7. Location is Central Michigan. What can he do to...
3
3

Decorative evergreen hedge
I've have a 3ft high, 20ft long, stone wall at the front of my house, North West facing, reasonably sheltered with good soil. And I'm looking for some hedge plants to grow upto 6ft high, something a...

derelict garden help required
Hi, I have just purchased a house which has been uninhabited for many years hence the garden is a mess. the biggest issue seems to be the bindweed which is nearly everywhere and the soil is pretty...
7
7

Name the shrub please
Hi there, can anyone identify this shrub please? Thank you. Steve +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: | |Download:...
3
3

shrubs for coverage
Hi Everyone, first time poster here with no gardening knowledge what so ever! Ive got two rectangle areas in my garden, on a slope, about 4m x 2m in are. What shrubs that require little attention, are...
6
6

Is it easy to take care of an indoor potted plant?
My friend just got promoted and I wanted to get her one of those really small potted plants (I saw some at Price Chopper). I don't want anything that's hard to take care of. I just want to give her...
3
3

Advice on Lemon scented plants
Hi guys, I'm looking for some advice on a major garden redesign. I'm trying to create a sensory garden for my toddler and want to have lots I scented plants. As I love lemon I'd like to incorporate a...
8
8

white spots on pepper leaves?
Hello, I recently bought a small ornamental pepper plant. The last couple of days, it's begun to show some white patches on the upper leaves. Is this normal and healthy? If not, what can I do about...
1
1

OT: Framing Momento Question
My wife and I have a hiking trail map which was printed on glossy paper. We are going to have it framed, to preserve our mountain hiking pursuits, and we want it to last. We have typed up our own map...
6
6

How do you prune camellias? (New to pruning)
Hello. Sorry, to ask another question so soon! I have a young camellia sinensis, which recently grew a new leaf and has some buds. I was wondering how to prune it to make grow bushier. I am new to...
9
9

Passion Pinks - Help please with weighty flowers!
Hi, I recently bought a Passion Dianthus from my local garden centre. I wanted to be able to control the conditions it is in quite carefully, so chose something I understood could be grown in the...

Snapdragons -- Indiana
This may be the plant I need for a partly sunny raised bed I just built. Do they flower all or most of the summer? I'm in Indiana -- zone 5. Getting 4 hours of strong sun where I want to plant....
1
1

Advice with my apple tree problems please
Hi, I have a problem with my apple tree which I believe is Blossom Wilt ? BTW - I know nothing about gardening etc. so I could well be wrong It started about 4 years ago, it blossoms really well...
3
3

How can you re-use compost if you don't have a compost heap?
Getting the right mixture of brown (carbon) materials, to green (nitrogeneous) materials will make a huge difference. Adding too much brown material will result in a compost pile that takes a long...
9
9

Clay Soil Improvement / Organic Matter Types (London)
Hi, I have just had my garden landscaped (removing a massive terrace full of rubble), however its now down to faintly yellow looking clay, all the black soil on top has gone. It reminds me of the...
6
6