Subject Author Posted Replies

Dwarf Italian Cypress?
Is there any tree that is a dwarf and looks like an Italian cypress, but with a yellow or lime-green color variation? I'm trying to find a good plant that suggests a Tuscan theme, that will be in two...
1
1

camouflage
had to get on the roof to do a little patching today... funny blob of concrete? erm... no... songbird http://www.anthive.com/fun/100_6906_Where.jpg http://www.anthive.com/fun/100_6909_TodaA.jpg...
10
10

my lemon cucumbers sprouts are dying
Hi All, I am trying to grow lemon cucumbers this year. I got a bunch of beautiful sprouts pop up. But, the two large leaves on the sprouts have started to get light brown patches, like circles....

Trim Tomato plants ? Pic
I have a tomato plant in a pot and it's growing fast . Can I trim off some of the branches without flowers ? I keep off the suckers . Last year the plant reached five foot. The plant below is Early...
3
3

flowering cherry.
hi all. just a quick question. have a flowering cherry in garden. been great last few years but this year has flowered but now looks like its half dead. minimal greenery just leaves on ends of...

Establishing New Donkey Tail From Stem of Old Plant
I took two stems of a healthy donkey tail succulent and planted them into cactus and succulent planting mix. The base of the stems and some parts of the plant near the base appear to me to be...

No Tangelos
I have four dwarf or semi-dwarf citrus in my garden: 'Eureka' lemon, 'Robertson' navel orange, kumquat, and 'Mineola' tangelo. The all get the same care (fertilizer, pest control, etc). The lemon,...
7
7

Dying Tulips
I've just moved and now have a garden for the first time. The garden was already full of plants when I moved, but the Tulips the were growing are now were erect then they started to fall over, the...
19
19

Apple Tree, lubricants?
Hello there GB! I have an apple tree in my back garden that I have only ever tended for, I've never picked the apples but I'm considering it this year. Each time I have attempted the apples have been...
2
2

yellowing pepper plants
placed mulch around pepper plants when I put them in the ground about 2 weeks ago......should have waited on the mulch, because we had quite a bit of rain and now pepper foliage is...
1
1

Bluelady
Hi. I am new to this forum, and would like some advice. My Aunt has given me lots of Bluebells from her garden as it is overgrown with them. She pulled the long stem from the bulb, they have loads of...
1
1

Cherry tree...
This is my first summer in my new home. In my garden, is a magnificent cherry tree. I've watched a full display of blossom........but no cherries are being produced! I'm wondering why this would...
3
3

Public Open Weekend
We are a family run wholesale nursery based in Hever in Kent. We grow perennials, grasses, alpines, herbs, veg, soft fruit, patio and topiary. We supply garden centres, garden designers and local...
5
5

Advice please re Baby Gladioli !
I planted some gladioli last year but this year I noticed hundreds and hundreds of tiny ones growing all round the original corms (I didn't lift them after they had finished last year). I have no idea...
1
1

Red blueberry leaves and a black powder on the edge of sunflower leaves.
Hello, I have three blueberry plants and a few sunflowers growing. They are all growing in pots, but the sunflowers are kept outside, and the blueberries are now indoors after being left outside for a...
4
4