Subject Author Posted Replies

"Filing' winter seeds
Finally neatening up my messy seeds. How to save the "winter" seeds for next year? Radish, bokchoy, spinach, lettuce, sugar peas, carrots, etc. Is there any REAL evidence -- not anecdotal -- that...
11
11

Are we breeding smarter Japanese beetles?
We had our first major beetle infestation last summer, and my wife and I spent many enjoyable evenings picking them off the shrubs and dropping them into a jar of soapy water. We noticed that they had...
5
5

Diseased Tree - HELP!
Hi all Just moved into a new house with quite a nice garden. However, there is a tree that appears to have some sort of disease which has resulted in black-ish spot on the leaves, leading them to...
4
4

privet hedge
hello ive got a privet hedge that slowly died, it was very old and slowly section by section died, there was no evidence of infection? and ive now dug it all out. I intend to plant red robbin, how...
2
2

Newbie
Hi all im a newbie hope your all a friendly lot!

Killing Ivy, not bulbs
I have a variety of small invasive ivies. Some thorny. Every year they take over my bulb corner. You can't pull them all out. So, I'm spraying with triclopyr. How careful of the bulbs (they've been in...
1
1

Mystery Tree with Purple Berries
Hello everyone, First time here and also first year of really getting interested in growing things, mostly edible things In my garden I have a tree which I just noticed has a profusion of little...
5
5

Metasystox in Ontario?
Can you still use this insecticide in Ontario?

How to propagate from a cytisus?
hallo, my friend has taken a fancy to my yellowish-red-flowering cytisus. it really likes to be where i have put it and made a lovely show earlier this year. now that flowering is over, thought i...
2
2

Grape vine training and pruning
Hi, I'm new to this forum and wonder if anyone out there has any good and most importantly, simple advice on training and pruning a grape vine. I have planted a vine in my garden and am attempting to...
2
2

Leylandii
I need help with some young Leylandii pruning. I think I have wrongly cut the tops out of my 4ft trees. Will this cause a problem. Will they find a new top. They were very spindly and I wanted them to...

tree disease and cure?
Hello all, I am brand new here and believe my tree has a disease... I have inherited the tree when i bought the house last year... i don't know what type of tree it is, it now has black spots all over...
3
3

home composting
will i just be able to use a normal bin and put grass cutting and that stuff and get compost out?
6
6

Common Jellyspot - is it harmful?
Hi I seem to have an outbreak of common jellyspot fungus all over my wooden fence panels. I wanted to know whether this was a problem or not in terms of whether it will damage the fence over time or...
1
1

Help with my girlfriends garden...
Hi, Im new to this forum and was hoping to get some tips. My girlfriends garden was a bit of a dump when she moved in, and now its getting towards summer I thought I would have a blast at doing it up...
9
9