Subject Author Posted Replies

low maintenance flowering fall annual?
I have a bed out by our mailbox, and I've been thinking about putting some flowers there for fall blooming. Normally I grow vegetables there - I grew kale last fall, and harvested again this spring,...
1
1

Is it ivy
Is this parasitic evil triffid ivy ? have cut all the vine trunks from a metre of plum tree trunk,will the rest die ? the roots are close to the plum tree roots and hard to remove, if I keep removing...
17
17

Corn plants seemed to have stalled?
Popcorn plants were growing real well, They look healthy and they have started to grow their ears and have sprouted their ?tassels? on top. the ears appear to be about half size, they are long but...
4
4

Lobelia Queen Victoria
It has now been 'eaten' some 6 inches from bottom is in the midst of other herbacious plants which have no damage done to them. Couls this be mice. Is this plant more prone to attack than others. Help...
2
2

New Patio & Re-leveling lawn
Hi, I thought it would be best to get a couple of opinions on this, I'll try and keep it brief. My house is a new build and I am having the basic boring grey patio flags taken out, extending the area...
1
1

Hi new to forum need planter advice
I hope someone can help and I apologise for it being long winded We live in Manchester and over the past 2 years have renovated our front garden (terraced house )in a victorian style with tiles and...

Garden Issue
Hi all, I bought a new house 4 years ago and have had an issue with the garden since day one. On first inspection I found an accumulation of static water creating a bog that remained regardless of...
5
5

New House, New to Gardening
Hey there Me and my wife have just moved into our first house together. I previously lived with my parents, and although they had a large garden, it was my step dad who always took care of the garden....
3
3

Whatever happened to "Superturf"?
Back in the early 90's we read a newspaper article about a newly discovered grass variety that they had found growing in the canadian rockies. It required little water, was so tough that it could take...
4
4

My Garden is Boring
Ive spent 4 years working on my garden... but I not that keen on it!! When we moved in it was a piece of wasteland, it was horrendous. So its taken a couple of years to just get the structure of it....
12
12

Rocky Raccoon
We were besieged by groundhogs last year around this time; this year it's raccoons. They're tornadoes on legs and completely thrash our garden and backyard whenever they pass through during the night....
2
2

And You Think You Have Troubles With Animals In Your Garden?
Believe it or not, people actually garden in Nome, Alaska and the harsh climate and short season aren't the only things they have to deal with. How about musk oxen grazing in your yard?

Thorsens Weeping Western Hemlock
I am trying to buy one of these plants but can't seem to locate any in the UK. Does anyone know if they are only available in the USA? thanks
1
1

Progression from garden fence
Young couple moved into rented house next door a few months ago and they are friendly and we chat to them over the garden fence, now and again. They decided they are getting married in a couple of...
5
5

winter vegi's?
Hi All, This is new concept for me: winter vegetables. Our winters (Northern Nevada) gets down to at 25F at night with a handful 0F. Daytimes in the 50's. Snow fall is about 6" at its worst and...
15
15