Subject Author Posted Replies

Fungus gnats indoors
Ok, so how about the issue of fungus gnats indoors, that started in my house plants and got into the drains too?
1
1

How to plant palm seeds?
I have a couple dozen pecan-sized palm tree seeds I picked up a couple of weeks ago in Florida from the ground under a cluster of small tree- sized (very large bush-sized) palm trees. I would like to...
1
1

Philodendron problems
I live in the Denver area and got a Philodendron for indoors, over the summer. It has a dual T8 light over it, with good spectrum, so it gets plenty of light. But it's slowly started having problems....
7
7

resting up for springtime
the roof is done, the yard projects are also about as done as they are going to get this season other than some branches i'll be cutting back this week. the ground will be frozen soon if we don't get...
2
2

Fires of spring
After two years of La Nina and plenty of rain we haven't had significant rain in three months. But clever people still want to burn their pasture ... sigh. Let's have a big round of applause for the...
15
15

Outdoor Cyclamen
Would be grateful for some advice please. We bought some pots of Cyclamen from B&Q in August (garden variety) they have bloomed non stop and there are still some buds to come out. I have no idea...
5
5

Surplus allotment produce
I give away my surplus to fellow plot holders (at the moment a HUGE amount of rhubarb) and find that later in the year they give me a surplus of their own stuff! I live in hope they may have surplus...
1
1

what is the name of the tree
I have seen this tree in a garden in Toscana, Italy, but do not know its name. Here is the photo of the cone - which is rather unusual. Does somebody know the name of the tree? Thanks in advance!
2
2

Budleia Cutting back
When is the best time of year to do this and how much should you cut back?
2
2

Calandrinia Spectabilis
We planted a Calandrinia Spectabilis in a small succulent garden. This thing grows like a weed. It has quadrupled its size in four months and looks set to take over the entire garden. I would like to...
4
4

Then There Are Terpenes
Many plants, particularly conifers, emit abundant terpenes, especially in hot weather. When combined with pollution, terpenes radically increase ozone to levels considered dangerous. This is probably...
4
4

partially eatin sweet
can you eat sweet potatoes that have been partially eaten by a mouse or other creature if you cut off all the eaten area and some extra.?
5
5

Gardening in the desert
I am cross-posting this with the hope that a wider audience will increase the possibility that I may get a fully vetted answer. My wife and I are discussing retiring to somewhere between southern...
1
1

Allen Pro 43 Brushcutter
I have just inherited the above and can't work out wherethe controls are to start it-would be grateful if anyone could point me to a sit where I could get a user manual or advice on starting...
1
1

buying hulled sunflower seeds in bulk?
Some years ago some newsgroup turned me on to Anderson Seed Co. for buying 50 pound bags of hulled sunflower seeds. I was buying a couple bags a year. I go to make this year's purchase, and I find...
19
19