Subject Author Posted Replies

need outside garden box advice
Hi All, I am thinking about a raised redwood box to plant a small garden in on the side of my house. So far I have decided to make it redwood because 1) it takes a very long time to rot, and 2) no...
4
4

How to transplant roses
The old owners of my house planted four small rose bushes and we want to move them. The bushes are only single stem, mabe two two stem, and about 3 feet high. How does somebody move these? How deep...
6
6

Ideas for removing sharp thorns on sidewalk lemon trees
My sister recently bought a house in the Silicon Valley that just happens to have a set of thorny lemon trees near the sidewalk: weekend, I knocked off all the thorns that I could: I wonder if we...
9
9

use organic manure
Always use organic manure for trees or plants, its effective and give you better result.
1
1

Fertilizer formulae
I just spent (too much) on 4 boxes of Organics fertilizer for different uses. Examining the formulae on each box, I wondered if there is really enough difference to justify separate purchases. Your...
12
12

Heart O' Texas Orchid Society's 42nd Annual Show & Sale, "Orchid Fever"
April 27th & 28th, 2013 Zilker Botanical Gardens Center 2220 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX 78746 (512) 477-8672 Show & Plant Sale: 10:00am - 5:00pm Saturday & 10:00am - 4:00pm Sunday. Come Catch the...
1
1

Scale ate my euonymus
I don't know why I thought these shrubs were rather trouble-free, but last winter I started to notice that something was de-leafing my silver queen in the front of my house. I treated it with the...

How can I rejuvenate a privet and hawthorn hedge?
I have a mixed hedge which is about 6 feet high. I think it is privet and hawthorn. Currently, it is very top heavy in terms of the growth, and it has a lot of bare stems lower down. Please see the...
1
1

what to plant here
Hello every one new to internet and forums too im a beginner in gardenning .Can any one give me a tip on what to plant by this fencing its west facing but i have very very limmited funds...
10
10

Grow Azalea from branch?
My lovely white Azalea is extending one of its branches into a path. I want to cut off the branch and try to grow a new plant from it. Usually I have pretty good luck on this kind of operation....
5
5

bees back in the news
sound alarm? more like repeatedly ring the bell that is the head of most people who haven't done the science. "yeah, let's make plants poisonous to insects! what a brilliant idea!" ...no science done...
1
1

OT Things that go bump in the night
Last night it was a fine moonlit night, about 3am I awoke to .... clop, clop, clopity-clump-clump, clop-clop-clop, thump, bump,............... The bloody horses had pushed through the fence and one...
2
2

The "Monsanto Rider"
law has been put into the Agriculture Appropriations bill -- which will be approved by March 27th -- which would destroy the separation of powers by stripping courts of the power to challenge...
1
1

Another post-Sandy question
My composters were inundated with sea water in Sandy. Will earthworms survive and recover, or do I need to re-seed the bins with earthworms? Chris
5
5

Problem with marigold flower plant
before some day i plant a marigold flower plant....its good but it is not giving flowers...what is the reason?
2
2