Subject Author Posted Replies

Akebia Vine Looks Awful After 35 days Without Rain
Saturday, 3 August, 2013 10:24 AM I live in Surrey, British Columbia -- part of the Vancouver metropolitan area. My new akebia vine was looking lush and putting out lots of new growth in cloudy cool...
1
1

hydrangea disease
my hydrangea, which is probably 20 years old and has always flourished with huge flowers in large quantity, suddenly looks as if it dying the flowers are blackish and if you try to pick one up it is...

Plumeria Frangipani Plants and Their History
Hi everybody, I thought I share with you an article I published for everybody interested in the history of plants.... Plumerias are indigenious to the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America. The very...

OT - Kinda - Bees
We were watching Shipping Wars the other night and one of the loads being s hipped was 26 tons of bees (including hive boxes). This guy ships them from Michigan to North Carolina in the spring and...
7
7

monkey puzzle tree
Hi i have a monkey puzzle tree in front garden about 25 foot tall, believe it is a female as it has round seed cones on it. Today i have noticed a glue like substance on ends of some branches and some...
1
1

Re: Sunflower Problems with Spruce?
Has anyone heard of sunflowers having problems coexisting with spruce trees? I have a patch that I've planted with sunflowers (Mammoth) for 8 years or so. It is bordered by a row of forsythias and...
1
1

Lousy year
ATC, this was a loser in terms of edible goodies. Most tomato plants afflicted with ? (Billy diagnosis). Few fruits before disaster struck. Sowed 20 Tuscan Melon seeds. All but one plant disappeared...
1
1

cucumber picked too early
First year that I am actually getting cucumbers and I picked one a couple days ago that was greenish on top, but after picked noticed it was mostly yellow on bottom. Will it ripen like a tomato if I...
4
4

composting
Was having problem with fruit flies in my garbage so I started putting fruit remnants in a bag in the fridge and then put in the garbage on garbage day. Banana peels, apple cores, melon rinds, etc....
1
1

What are these?
Planted a Pumpkin seed, and the first two photos are what's groan. The second two are the result of planting a Lemon seed. They both just look like weeds to me though....
6
6

squirrels, again
Another young, green tomato on the deck yesterday morning. Not how I like to start the day... I had been lax with the vinegar soaked rags. Been raining a lot and that dilutes it. I will have to...
28
28

What to do with a failed zuke girl flower?
Hi All, On my zucchini plants, when a girl flower fails, do I let nature take its course, or do I snip it off? Many thanks, -T
4
4

Have Japanese Beetles learned stealth?
I know they're out there because they're making fine lace from the leaves of our purple sand cherries, yet checking in the morning, afternoon and early evening since late June I have yet to find any...
2
2

Pre-emergent
I'm about to put in a flat of Dymondia, which I'm using on a seldom-used path to a side fence instead of stepping stones. I'm assured that after it takes hold and the individual parts merge, it's...
4
4

Grass & Weed Photos
I'm just fumbling around here learning about grass and weeds. Can anyone tell what these are? This one grows good in shade here (S Calif) This one grows good in both shade and sun Any idea what the...
12
12