Subject Author Posted Replies

Fruit fly control
How do you get rid of fruit flies once they get inside? Steve
5
5

Propagating agapanthus.
How do I propagate this plant from the leaves? I cannot get any seeds for the variety I want, a broad-leaf variety though there are some plants in the local park. I want to cut off a single leaf and...
1
1

Saving the abused house plant
Here's an ingenious "high-tech" way to keep house plants from going the way of too many such innocents: Would be way kewl if some sharp entrepreneur marketed in the U.S. this smart produce created by...
1
1

Minimum Spacing Between Plants in Photinia Hedge
What is the minimum spacing you can use between plants in a hedge made of Photinia Red Robin? I want to be aggressive about this and I want to maximize the density of the hedge. I am willing to have...
12
12

F word in forecast
Gathered about 2 dozen tomatoes... some are quite green, dark green. I've never had such dark ones before. Anyone know why? I suppose the variety? I don't remember, I just buy a few random plants. Is...

Ripen Green Tomatoes?
What is the latest great idea for ripening green tomatoes?
26
26

Plant id help
We have a wild bushy plant that gets small(thumbnailsize) pink flowers and orange berries on it. I seem to remember someone else mentioning this same plant and asking for ID quite a while ago. Does...
3
3

Newbie
Hi. Great forum. Looking forward to getting involved.

Helen Foss
For her friends on this NG, may I share this notice: HB ================ In a week it will have been a year since the passing of Helen Foss. We hav e found that (and you may know this from personal...

What type of impatiens are these?
I am not a fan of the New Guinea impatiens that is now being offered as the replacement for the no longer available Walleriana. The leaves look like they are made of silk. A neighbor has some...
2
2

Virginia Creeper
Hello, I have this plant at the front of my house. It is over 2 meters tall and it about 0.5 meters in depth. The problem I have is that it has become detached from the wall due to strong winds and i...
1
1

mushroom identification
Hi i have these mushrooms growing in the centre of my lawn could someone please ID them for me and are they edible ,many thanks Rick,H...
5
5

shallots from seed?
Hi All, Do you grow shallots from seeds? Or do you plant bulbs/cloves? When do you plant? Many thanks, -T
8
8

When is garlic ready?
Hi All, About three months ago, I planted three cloves of garlic. Now I have the ~12 green spires. They look like the spire on a green (scallion) onion. We have been having 30 def F nights. They don't...
2
2

Thick Flowering Hedge
I am looking for a thick, tall, flowering, fast-growing hedge that does well in California. So far Oleander looks like a good candidate. I need: * Approximately four feet wide, and dense enough that...
9
9