Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Turf War Blooms Over Front-Yard Vegetable Gardening
Home of the brave, land of the free....... D
12
12

Plant identification assistance
I "stole" this plant from beside the dumpster because it looked healthy and interesting and I'm aiming to identify it so I can care for it, water it to the appropriate amount & frequency, etc. Please...
6
6

Tiny Bugs from Potting Soil
Why are they always there no matter what I buy and how do I get rid of them? MJ
12
12

flower identification
Can anyone identify this wildflower??...
2
2

OT: Turkey Part II
Laff! I spattered the screen! HB We will always be thankful for this compendium of Thanksgiving turkey humor.
2
2

OT: Clueless in Turkey
Fplks, OK, Thanksgiving is over, but ya gotta see the clueless calls to the turkey hotline: HB Not every aspiring Thanksgiving cook knows how to properly roast a turkey.

Planting Milkweed for butterflies
We have probably all been reading about the Monarch butterfly losing huge n umbers because losing habitat in their wintering place in Mexico. Would be awful if we drove yet another species -- one so...
3
3

Berries
I am going to put in telephone pole trellises with heavy pig wire in between. Don't know if it is pig wire, or what, but they sell it locally, it comes in 20' x 4' sections, and is about as big around...
1
1

Shade plants?
I have an area under pine trees that is shaded. Are there garden plants that do good in the shade? I know sunshine is good, but here, it is brutal in the summer. I am figuring out how to arrange my...
2
2

Help with watering
I live in a basically high desert community of 3500' elevation. We get our ag water for $100 a year. I have a sprinkler system, but the garden is off one station, the rest go to trees and the yard. I...
19
19

Summer in the sand
I live on top of some sand dunes. Southern Utah iron powder blowsand. I know there are plants that love sandy soils, and some that love loamy soils. Can someone give me some advice on planting...
10
10

Winter gardening
I am not a total newbie to gardening, having had gardens for many years in southern Louisiana. Nice place to garden, usual problems with bugs, sometimes you had to water, but most of the time not, and...
1
1

Could someone ID this
I bought this plant in my local garden center in September. The display had it climbing up to a height of over 2m with red petal-like leaves randomly intermingled with the green. It is now late...

yippee rain!
Last week a couple of solid falls now overnight 104 mm. This is after 3 months without one fall more than a spit. I may get some fresh goodies from the garden for Xmas after all. The pasture has...
25
25

snap dragons still snapping
It was 25 degrees couple days ago, but plants are still green and 5 flowers on a couple. Tomato plants have given up the ghost, but snap dragons are still hanging tough. Is that normal? btw, my sister...
24
24