Subject Author Posted Replies

Grafting
What kind of trees can I graft an apple branch onto? In the yard I have meyers lemon, avocado and a living fake-orange tree stock that had a real orange branch grafted onto originally.
4
4

Tips And Advice For Hybrizing
Haha, like I said on my last post, I'm new to hyrbidizing daylilies. Any tips or advice for me? I tried a crossing but it failed, no idea why...
1
1

Daylily Reviews?
I am new to daylily hybridizing and I have some daylilies. Chateau Blanc, Cerise Beauty, Spanish Dancer, Wilson Yellow, and Mary Todd. What are your reviews for them?
1
1

Dracaena marginata, in a sticky situation.
Hello all, I am new on here my Madagascar Dragon Tree is the only I plant I have and am quite fond of it I have very little knowledge of plants. I have had it approx 2 years during which it has...
1
1

Alfalfa Meal vs. Tropical fertilizer question
Hi All, For my sister as a present I ordered (drop shipped) some fertilizer for her Hibiscus: Dr. Earth 831 Organic 10 Palm & Tropical Fertilizer, 25-Pound: The turkeys sent her: Dr. Earth Alfalfa...
7
7

Plant News
Five new recruits join the Laboratory Protection Division and receive their police shields after completing the required U.S. Department of Energy Basic Security Police Office Training.

Aconites
I planted these at least two years ago but they have yet to produce a flower. They grow two huge leaves but no flower. Is that normal?
1
1

Aeonium Sunburst in Western US
Does anyone know of a nursery in the Western US that has large healthy specimens of Aeonium Sunburst in stock?

Shallow Soil
Hi - I am quite an inexperienced gardener and wondered if anyone could help me. i have a small front garden but the house is very old and the soil is very shallow with hardcore underneath. i would...
2
2

Help please
Hi I have a corner of my garden that I want to change to low maintenance I would appreciate any ideas that could help me Thank you +-------------------------------------------------------------------+...
10
10

flowering vine details
I'm working with ceramics/clay at my local senior center. What I'd like to make next is something with flowering vines. Perhaps nasturtium or morning glory, none of which is growing here now. I can...
1
1

Flowering plant
Any ideas what this flowering plant is? Another of the same type plant http://imageshack.com/a/img843/6631/vgum.jpg http://imageshack.com/a/img855/4713/pq1c.jpg
2
2

Manzanita
Manzanita berries. Just now starting to drop off. http://imageshack.com/a/img855/4288/51tp.jpg
5
5

ID Palm-like tree
Any idea what this might be? North San Diego near the coast. Palm tree on hill Also, just for fun, here's a shot of a green ash tree with berries. It's covered with these red berries every year about...
17
17

Manuals for electric parasene heaters
Would be grateful for tips on how to get hold of a manual for Parasene 596, a discontinued electric heater. Have contacted Parasene via web site. Just need instructions on how to set the dial so it...