Subject Author Posted Replies

Craftsman front wheel drive mower won't drive.
It has a gearbox that is powered by a belt from the engine. It doesn't appear that the belt is slipping. And the arm that engages the gears moves. Yet there's no power to the wheels. Well, I take that...
1
1

Planting Privet Hedges
When planting a North Privet hedge how close is to close? I've read they are generally planted 1 - 3 feet apart. My hedge is going to be 3 feet tall and 1 - 2 feet wide. I want a dense hedge so I was...
1
1

leaf blast
my asian pears and peach trees look like the leaves have been blasted. the pears bloomed very well this spring. my trees are in tubs. fall after leaf fall I treated the peaches with fungicide for...

Worms - my first "harvest" of castings
Remember those worm questions I asked earlier this year? Well, I just made a major harvest of compost from the bin and it was plenty. Most of the bin looked like nice rich finished compost and it was...

Someone do a rain dance, please
We haven't had any appreciable amount of rain this month. My seedlings are this -> |
57
57

Blue rose
Hello. How to make a blue rose in home ... ? I read many topics about this - use water with blue pigment such as ink (white rose) - use baking soda + water (red rose) Any idea Best regards.
1
1

anybody dealing with PlantSafari this season?
Earlier this year I was looking for a few unusual plants and I found them at I checked the rating at Dave's Garden Watchdog and it was good, so I went ahead and ordered. After a couple of weeks with...

Growing corn
This kid that works for me (my "gardener," which sounds a lot more pretentious than it actually merits), insists that to grow corn, it has to be in full sunlight and you have to have at least three...
4
4

Low Hop Clover?
What kills off low hop clover in the lawn? I don't mind it for itself, but that in June and early July its stalks get tough and very hard to cut with a scythe, owing to their very quickly dulling the...

The Japanese Beetles did not come this year!
We live in North of Atlanta. The Japanese Beetles had attacked our gardens every year between the end of April and the beginning of May . But it's strange. The JB did not come this year! Any one has...
7
7

New Growth on Strawberry Plants
I live in Phoenix, AZ. My strawberries are on the east side and get afternoon shade. What is causing new growth in the center to get to about one and a half inches and then turn grey - dead. Sometimes...
4
4

Newbie Large Weed Bed to Be Covered with Mulch...
All: I am a novice when it comes to gardening and landscaping.... I have fairly large patch of dirt and weeds in front of my house -- about 40 x 6' (240 sq. feet). I've ordered some mulch and will be...
4
4

Narrow flowerbed against fence
I have a double driveway in my back of my property with an about a 1' flower bed between the edge of the drive and the wooden laticed fence. I'd love to cover the fence on both sides with something....
3
3

Plants that attract wasps and bees
I'm newly retired and moved into a house where I can garden. I'm deathly allergic to the stings of wasps and bees, however. Are there plants I should avoid, such as lilac or honeysuckle? I was...
14
14

Garlic Mustard Invasive Weed
For those in the Northerly and Easterly areas of this Country, who have shade, with disturbed soil, Garlic Mustard is a real threat to your garden or woodlot. A good description of this plant is here:...
11
11