Subject Author Posted Replies

Mystery of slugs & coffee
FamilyNet International Newsgate -=> Quoting to All I put down some coffee grounds around my broccoli plants. We had a George, may I ask you this - can you put coffee grounds around any plants, or...
3
3

attack of the bunnies
We have some rabbits eating some of the plants in our garden. any good deternts? we like the bunnies, and prefer them to be here, and eat somethign besides our garden. it's not like there isnt 1000...

Plumeria advice sought
I have two plumerias. One of them refuses to branch. I have beheaded it a number of times, but each time just a single branch arises from below the cut. Is there any way I can get anything but a tall...
1
1

Electric Sprayers
Does anyone have any experience with electric sprayers used to spray fungicides and pesticides. I have a 100 vine backyard vineyard. I am currently using a SOLO 4 gallon manual backpack sprayer. I...
7
7

Organic Food Helps Revive Fortunes of Europe’s Farmers
Organic Food Helps Revive Fortunes of Europe?s Farmers by Adam Mitchell / Rachel Shields BRUSSELS - The organic revolution is sweeping across Europe, with the area of land dedicated to...
80
80

I found it! (was Insect I.D. please)
Aha! Thanks to all of you and your advice! I found it via Google. . .a green tiger beetle, Cicindela sexguttata. I've been gardening many years but have never seen one before. I should have captured...
2
2

New yard, over run-
Hello- I'm hoping someone might point me in the right direction- so far I have: ascending, tap root, continuous pith, opposite leafe arrangement, lobed leaf margin, pinnately veined weed decided to...
1
1

What the heck is this monster?
A friend posted this on another newsgroup. He saw it yesterday while on a bike ride. This is scary.
14
14

Insect I.D. please
This morning while I was hoeing my garden, a beetle type insect came out of the soil the likes of which I've never seen. It was about 5/8' - 3/4" long, a two-sectioned body, and the color all over was...
8
8

Wasps building nest in my attic
I have a bay window extending out over my deck and I have noticed wasps regularly entering and exiting the ventilation space between the gutter and the shingles. My wife, not a big fan of...
5
5

Mulch that may have a fungus
My bag of mulch has white specks in it that looks like powder. I don't recall seeing it on there last year. Could it be some sort of fungus? I bought it and opened it last year. I stored the mulch in...
14
14

Terra Cotta Pot manufacturer website
Does anybody here know the name/manufacturer/website for the company that makes the classic terra cotta pots? The pots I'm talking about have the initials EV and the words Made in Italy stamped on the...
1
1

Tree Protection Idea
I've staked the apple trees and several other trees using steel fence posts and wire inside of rubber hose. A few of the branches tend to rub the posts in strong wind, plus the post tops are rather...
12
12

Startling mantis photo
If you haven't seen it yet, check out for a photo of a mantis eating a hummingbird. It's not gruesome, per se, it's just startling to see an insect eating a bird.
7
7

Tree advice needed
Without going into all the detail I need a tree to plant off of one of my patios. We are moving a privacy fence from the edge of the patio to about 6 feet back, to the property line. I'll have a...
24
24