Subject Author Posted Replies

Some Preen is toxic and can contaminate waterways.
Preen is not always Corn Gluten I got a 5# container of Preen Vegetable Garden Weed Preventer and it was 100% Corn Gluten Meal. The only precautionary statement was: "Possible allergic reaction to...
1
1

moles and tree
Hi, we just moved in this house. We have a tree in the front yard. We found it is sick. It looks very dry and the inside is all dried up. And the leaves are falling. We have no clue. Some people said...
2
2

Second planting of peas
I live in Pittsburgh PA, and was wondering when would be a good time to plant a second crop of snow peas. I have tried in the past, and it seems as if I did not have good germination. July's normal...
7
7

Green flowers
Can anyone name a green flower that grows in spikes, and has blossoms that look somewhat like foxglove? I saw them cut in an arrangement, and I think I've seen them in a garden centre, but I can't...
7
7

lawn mower - slightly off-topic
our "green" lawn mower need to copy and paste url to your web browser http://i17.tinypic.com/6ch9lqo.jpgmay
2
2

Tarp on ground next to tree?
I've got an area around a tree that has refused to allow the grass to grow. Today I noticed the area was very moist so I decided to take a rake and turn the soil so I could try again with some...
4
4

Bee report from Plymouth MI
A pleasant surprise! Honeybees seem to be holding their own locally. In fact, the number of honeybees working the yard seems to be higher than it has been in previous years. They started working the...

How well do bat houses work?
Because I had been hearing noise in the 'green' room that was an add-on to this place(mobile home) and I thought it was rats/mice(the walls on the inside, when it was added on, they put insulation in,...
15
15

identify plant?
Can anyone identify this plant? planted a Japanese Maple, and out of the blue this started to quikcly grow underneath it. http://www.fearofdolls.com/whatplant.JPGI
9
9

Chemlawn bastards
Sprayed broadleaf herbicide and who knows what else thru the chain link fence from my neighbor's yard into my garden again. Killed my squash, and the tomatillo closest to the fence looks stunted a...
25
25

Time out for amazement
This will not give you the Blues. >  http://www.paintjam.com Amazing speed painter Dan Dunn. Watch till the end or you won't "get it". It is worth the wait. For Booking or info: email sudds@slfa.com...
7
7

OT Kurt Vonnegut video
Warning may produce a smile. Enjoy Bill how have to endure a bank commercial for 20 seconds. http://preview.tinyurl.com/23oy6g
1
1

ignore any posts made in my name today!
apparently a certain young boy thought it would be funny to mess with my email and newsgroups today. He has lost computer privileges while at my house for a week. I, myself, have not been on the...
6
6

Warning to dogs and people that swim in lakes and ponds
PERMISSION TO CROSSPOST Bob Tatus wrote: It is with a very heavy heart that I write this and I apologize for its length. Please, PLEASE pass this around. On Monday, June 25, 2007 I took my healthy 9...
6
6

Question about Chives and Cilantro
Hello I have some chives growing and cilantro. My question, the chives has been flowering, what is the best way to maintain these? Should I cut back the flowers? The same question for my cilantro....
3
3