Subject Author Posted Replies

Advice request: Will my potato vine recover?
I am the proud owner of a once thriving sweet potato vine (Solanu Jasminoides). It was planted close to a south-facing fence (in London about three years ago and grew rapidly. It covers an area about...
6
6

Water Conservation
Hi, I'm really concerned about water conservation. Does anyone know o any good products to divert/harvest rain water?? -- billiebobuk
12
12

sunflowers and squirrels
I am...was...so very proud of my dwarf sunflowers this year. I grew them from seed, and they ALL came up! All 40 of them! :D Happy little sunflower faces...sigh.... Now there are none. :( I found...
20
20

Dog-damaged lawns need creative landscape solutions
Pets are people too, even if they have twice as many legs and (usually) more body hair than the other members of the family. Having our pets outdoors with us can add to our enjoyment and it can help...
10
10

Thuja problem
I planted 24 thujas from Lowes about 3 weekes ago and they are slowly turning brown. I watered them about once a day once every two days for the past 3 weeks and now I water them twice a day (early...
10
10

Flowering plants.
Hello I have tomato and jalape=F1o plants, should I remove the first flowers to promote a healthier plant or am I thinking wrong.
4
4

Bell pepper pests
Hello I have large green bell pepper plants and they are getting overrun with tiny white mites. Any suggestions of what to do to control them? Thanks
2
2

Do I remove the containers?
Hello, I have plants in what looks like recycled paper or cardboard, possibly degradable containers. What are these made of and should I remove these before planting?
9
9

Styrax obassia blooming
Hi all, I planted an 8 foot Styrax Obassia in the early spring of 2006. It remains healthy and has leafed out well this year. I have yet to see a bloom on it though... I didn't expect to see anything...

Re: Need help identifying a plant/flower - 3 attachments (1/2)
You cannot attach photos to messages in this newsgroup. Just text. Post the pictures at a free site like then come back here and post a message containing links to your photos.
11
11

Gwynne Dyer: Biofuel mania ends days of cheap food
It's not just me, or crazy USians.. Seems some folks in New Zealand think the same. Keep expanding those gardens. Charlie ______________-- Full article at: The era of cheap food is over. The price of...
45
45

Re: Hedge removal
No-one offereing any answers then
4
4

Breakfast - Yellow Wax Beans
Just picked the first crop of my favorite bean -- the Yellow Wax. Bush variety - just LEAPED out of the ground and began bearing instantly and vigorously. Nuke, covered, w/ a tablespoon of water in...
2
2

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Green Snake
The Green Snake is a harmless little (22-30") snake that was once fairly common. Like so many other animals, it is becoming very rare over most of it's range as a result of development and...
5
5

Sunflower and the Ants
Well, I took your advice and cut off the dead bloom on my sunflower. We have had a week of rain and 2 days ago I noticed the sunflower was starting to wilt down, I thought it had drowned. Well, today...
5
5