Subject Author Posted Replies

Stoopid Eats......
This afternoon Elder Son came bearing gifts from his first Garden. Some absolutely gorgeous Brandywine tomatoes and one little Habanero. I was making some vinegar with Tabasco peppers, like the stuff...
8
8

New Lawn Yellowing
Early this spring, I put down new sod. The grass looked incredibly healthy for several months. But now, although it's still very thick, the grass is starting to look yellowish. It's not underwatering,...
8
8

ambrosia beetle
I've always wanted a red Crepe Myrtle tree/shrub. But, now I'm seeing evidence of the ambrosia beetle attacking crepe myrtles on my neighbor's property and the city park. There is what looks like...
2
2

Female pumpkin flowers wilting before opening
Does anyone know of possible causes for why the female flowers on my pumpkin vines keep wilting and falling off before they even get a chance to grow enough to open? I have one pumpkin doing very...

Most hearty indoor tree
I live in southern california - sunny and not too much humidity. I have a spot in the corner of my bedroom which has a large window to the west and one to the north. I had a dracaena there which was...
2
2

Transplanting Hens and Chicks
If I have some hens and chicks flowering right now and want to take some of the seeds or new plants to another part of the yard - how would I do it? The flowers don't really look like anything you...
4
4

Myoporum
I have about 30 Myoporum in a 300 square foot area with a layer of 5 inch rock that they were growing over. They grew so well they covered the rock completely and look so good. About 6 weeks ago I...

Bending an oak tree
I have an oak in my backyard that was hit by a falling tree back in 2004. The trunk is 14" - 16" in diameter and the tree is probably 25' - 30' high. The falling tree pushed the top of this tree into...
15
15

Spider mites, over and over and over
I'm having severe problems with spider mites on three plum trees which I'm maintaining in pots until I have a place to put them in the ground. Nothing I have tried seems to help. Insecticidal soap...
7
7

spraying water!
Hi ... just wondering - does spraying my indoor trees and plants do anything for their health or is it purely to remove the dust and make them look nice? Thanks - jd
1
1

Worst Flower
On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 19:52:13 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior look at: We have Skunk Cabbage in New York-- To me it smells more like cat urine than skunk-- But the flower sure is pretty. And the latin name...
2
2

Where can I go on the internet to identify an unknown bug
I have never seen anything that looks quite like this creature does. I first thought it was a baby hummer, but realized quickly it wasn't. But I have no idea how to go about looking it up online to...
2
2

Rust Zone 5
Hi, I have a beautiful setting of large Purple Cone Flower this year. But I have the worst case of brown rust on the plants I've ever seen. Most, if not all of the leaves are covered with it. How do I...

houseplant identification
can someone please help me???????? I bought a small plant at a greenhouse and don't know how to care for it. it has spikey leaves the are green on the inside and purple on the outside and it grows...
2
2

Free Hay mulch
A couple of nights ago whilst driving home on the open road I found 2 bales of hay. I managed to get them in the car & figured I had saved myself $20, $10 a bale is about right. I spread one bale...
19
19