Subject Author Posted Replies

Sticky pots at the grocery store
Shaws had Huechera Caramel for $5 a pot - if you have their magic card. It will have a new home in the AM C

I knew better, but...
When I bought my house there was a 5' x 12' fenced area that was used for the pervious owner's dog. There was no grass in the area and the ground was covered with rock. Around the fenced area were...
13
13

While Rome burns ethanol....
Let 'em eat powdered cellulose... Prices for key foods are rising sharply "Meeting with economic writers last week, President Bush dismissed several polls that show Americans are down on the economy....
19
19

PA State Tree Booklet
The state (Pennslyvanis) foresters just produced a booklet on trees. Common Trees of Pennsylvania. It is very informative. However there is a couple of half truths I think are worthy to mention. The...

sh*t
I was trying to get the sweet autumn clematis off my peonies and I cut all the main stems and will have no glorious show this fall. shit, shit, shit. I cant believe I did that. I am going to put in a...
1
1

Rocks on top of a plant pot
I would like to ask the experts in the forum. I live in Dallas, TX area where strong wind and/or thunder storm is very common. In order to keep my backyard tree pots from being blown away by the...
29
29

Need a Sighhn? Ya'll ain't seen nuthin' yet
Yeppers, it is lookin' real good folks. Oil fixin' to go sky high, housing bubble done burst, stock market unwinding nicely and grain crops fixin' to to be subsidized right into your gas tanks. Hell,...
14
14

Cost of Professional Landscape Design
Hello, My wife and I bought our first home a year ago. The front yard is very dull. When I was growing up, I was the neighborhood garden boy. But I never gained much experience designing -- I just...
2
2

ATTN. Gardeners: Free cactus.
I have a cactus that has gotten to big for it's location. So I want to cut off two or three branches. Maybe 7 feet tall. I would love to give them away to anybody who wants it. This is a specimen I...
10
10

Mature palm care - Which bits to prune / lop
Hi there. I have a couple of Palm trees of unknown variety, and this year the have sprouted extra kind of branches at the tops with what looks lik to be hundreds of berries. My question is this, do I...
10
10

Lawns after Rhododendron removal
Hi, Have just (mechanically) cleared 0.25 acres of old and impenetrabl rododendron, and having removed the roots, will rotovate and overla with 6" of soil/sand/loam mix before laying a new lawn....
12
12

Lemon tree is succeeding
My brother, who was blessed with lemon trees on his property as he bought it. He gave me a a sack full of lemons last year. I tried 6 seeds. 5 have failed at one point or another in same planter....
5
5

Planting, Fertilizing and Watering Your Roses
Planting, Fertilizing and Watering Your Roses Planting Roses The art of planting roses doesn't have to be a complicated thing to do. When you have the right knowledge there is no limit to how...
1
1

Rhetorical of the day, Strawberries/Wisteria
What's worse to have **next** to your garden - strawberries or Wisteria? I have both next to my herbal garden and its a constant battle to keep the clutching vines of both plants out of the ground....
1
1

How to make lawn greener?
We are planning on putting our house on the market in 3-4 weeks. The large lawn needs some work to improve its looks. The front lawn is thick and free of weeds. But even with frequent watering, it is...
5
5