Subject Author Posted Replies

Nimblewill spreading throughout the yard
I thought I had this Nimblewill mostly out of my 1/2 acre lawn by digging, but this Sping/Now Summer it is popping up all over the yard. Don't know i f birds or poltergeist did the dirty deed, but how...
19
19

Virginia creeper look-a-like?
I'm in zone 5 -- is there any plant that climbs in a woodland area with 5 leaves that looks exactly like Virginia creeper? This looks like it but want to know if there is something that mimics it.
2
2

Where to get vegetable seeds?
I am a vegetable gardener and save seeds every year. We only do Organic, Heirloom and Non-GMO, Non-Hybrid seeds. We have a pack of 30 seed packs in 1 large pack, all for only $25 and it includes...
4
4

What species are these??
I have seen my garden this week infested by a particular breed of caterpillar and I have no idea what it is. Can anyone let me know what species this is and if it is something I have to worry about?...
4
4

Lazy cruciferous
It's JUNE facrynoutloud and only NOW are a few broccoli and Brussels sprout plants deciding to put on a little growth! They've been in the ground since last Fall and have done basically zip. A few...
10
10

Tulip Trees Dying?!?!
I have a wooded area in my back yard which is a "low lying" and wet area. T here's a brook/stream that runs across it. For nearly 20 years, I've had a number of large tulip poplars which have bl oomed...
8
8

Tomato Wilt
I have 6 - 4' x 12' x 12" raised gardens. Last year, did fab. This year, we've had crazy weather (freezing cold well into April) and had to replace plants twice due to frost burn. So, the garden is a...
13
13

Bare spots in lawn again
Any ideas how to get these bare spots filled in again? Same spots, same places as last year about this time. Location is So Calif. No rain to speak of, but have been watering a couple of times a week....
4
4

Vine ID needed
My neighbor is having a modesto ash trimmed. It's been attacked by a vine for years. The workmen say the vine is "wisteria ivy" but it doesn't look like anything I can find on Google Images. Any...
4
4

Flowers in a vegetable patch
Hi I have made a few raised beds for a vegetable garden, and am looking at creating a border to hide the fence/wall around the bottom of my garden. Perhaps using trellis. Is there any recommended...
14
14

Raccoons!
BooHoo, Last year was the first year for my peach tree to bear fruit and it did, many, many peaches. This year there would have been even more, but in one night (it seems) they were all gone. My...
20
20

Green potatoes
I always wondered about potatoes green under the skin. Does this Snopes article deal with all-green, or just under skin? Anybody have the skinny on this? HB Green potatoes do contain a form of toxin,...
129
129

need zuke sprout pruning advice
Hi All, My zuke seeds I planted eight days ago are starting to poke the through. Yes, I am a proud father! I planted them three seeds to a hole. To my surprise, all three are coming through. (When I...
10
10

OT: Viva Australia!
Thanks,OZ! A voice of sanity amid the canned propaganda. From the Jerusalem Post: Australia will no longer refer to Jerusalem as 'occupied'. "'Occupied East Jerusalem' is a term freighted with...
7
7

Three Wise Men
Fat Albert X 3: Fat Albert Holiday: http://i62.tinypic.com/24gw2ed.jpg Wholesale Only http://i61.tinypic.com/nd1jef.jpg Wholesale Only