Subject Author Posted Replies

Pumpkins and squash questions
I have a bumper crop of squash ( both Acorn and Hubbard ) and two kinds of pumpkins ( small pie and large decoration ). How and when do I know when to pick them? The Acorns look ripe fropm the get go...
2
2

anyone else?
sick of weeding?
6
6

Dad-Gum Bird Feeders !
I bought this bird feeder, hung it on my back porch and filled it with wild bird seed. Within a week, we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the free and easily accessible food. But then the...
5
5

FOA Enigma
Lets talk off list about meeting. C

Transplanting Cactus
Around November last year I planted several saguaro cacti from a kit i bought on a trip to the Grand Canyon. By now I have nearly 20 plants all about a 1/2 an inch tall, and it looks like they need to...
3
3

Honda hrb425c mower
I have just bought a second hand mower and it is spot on apart from th self drive function is not working properly. If you lift the rea roller in the air and engage the drive the roller will turn but...
4
4

Removing bamboo
OK, after chipping away at the task for weeks & weeks, the gardener (and I) have removed all the bamboo. What is now left is stalk stubs, and -- one assumes -- a whole underworld of roots. Note that...
9
9

Diseased Peony - is it Botyrtis?
First time gardener, and things were going well till about a month or so ago when I noticed that one of the two peonies planted this spring had some white/gray substance on the leaves. It's been...
2
2

Pruning chinese lantern
My mother has a chinese lantern tree, and was wondering when to prune it. After looking it up on the net, everywhere said to prune it in early spring (now). But the problem is, it's starting to flower...

Key Lime tree
Last year I bought a 10 of Key Limes to make REAL Key Lime pie. So what does a gardener do with seeds? I planted them and the darned things sprouted like crazy. I had LOTS of little key lime trees. I...
1
1

FAO Cheryl I
i scored a bunch of plants, 3 Lady's Mantle, 3 pink Astilbe, 3 stonecrop, 2 Red October hostas & 4 hellebores (white prince, i think), all gallon size pots & all free. i know where i want to put...
5
5

Dave Fouchey Posted this over in Rec.Birds "Who Who"
Now this is a neat use of technology, from MSNBC Scientists talk to owls on cell phones Researchers found birds responded to hoots and trills from mobile handsets By Charles Q. Choi LiveScience...

Help with Lemon Tree (grown from seed)
Hello, I live in northeastern Pennsylvania. Two years ago, I took a lemon seed (from a store-bought lemon), stuck it in a pot with regular potting soil, and now I have a 3-foot tall, skinny lemon tree...
11
11

What flowers would you give someone,who a partner has left you to be with?
Which flower variety or varieties, would you most want to (seriously or humorously) send to someone, who a loved spouse or partner of ours, has left you to be with and please say why, for any flower...
34
34

What Flower is this this?
Hi People, can someone please tell me the name of this flower? I have uploaded it on my site under 'Greencards' It's at the beginning, yellow and named 'Wildflower' Visitors to my site ask me for...
2
2