Subject Author Posted Replies

Moving food from the west back to the east
Interesting as drought is not about here nor is salt in soil. What goes around comes around. New Electric India 5:13 Shadowfax & G.E. Stinson What Goes Around: The Best of Shadowfax Jazz 100 2 8/23/07...
7
7

Rain Barrels?
Hello everyone... First time posting here, but not new to usenet. I live in Southern California, and while rainfall is rare, it does happen (today for example). For a number of reasons, I'd like to...
9
9

garden planner
Can you recommend some garden design programs?? I'm looking for some new solutions in my garden but I need to see them in 3D version first . Thanks.
1
1

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Snout Butterfly
The Snout butterfly gets it's name from the greatly extended palps that don't seem to have any obvious function. js

Fertilizer storage and longevity
Hi, am have searched a for information on what occurs chemically to NPK fertilizer over time. If I buy 3-4 50# bags of fertilizer and use one bag a year, will the critical chemical compounds degrade,...
4
4

Help identifying a plant.
Can anyone please id this plant for us? Its the second to last image at the bottom on this page: the caption : "cabbage looking plant with no name" Also just in case you are planning to paint your...

Suarro Cactus
Fr the last 13 years I have been trying to grow Suarro Cactus' from seed. To date I have 1 growing (1.5ft tall). The seeds sprout readily enough with a 95% take rate but by the end of the summer they...
4
4

Peace lily questions
Hello All, This is a follow-up question to an earlier post regarding peace lilies that were fading once repotted. Of the five resulting pots, two are doing well, one has died, and two are still...

Greenhouse
Hi all, I want to share with all of you what i got in my Greenhouse... Its my first gardening in my live... I have red tomatoes and gree cucumber in there now, last week i added some beets in and...
4
4

Grow Systems - Omega Garden?
Does anyone have any experience with Omega Gardens? I've been doing alot of research on full grow systems and these seem to offer the best quality/function. I'm interested in real world statistics....

What kind of forget-me-nots are these?
5a. Are these the annual or perennial kind? I had 2 envelopes of seed from the same place. One gave me some FGM's that form a small clump with long, ovoid leaves and bloom in the spring, seem to be...
1
1

As some of us put the gardens to bed
What is your favorite garden memory of the season? Mine has to be discovering that an expensive daylily that I thought had died was alive and blooming this year. Back to weeding and other fall clean...
15
15

Question about using mulch in wintertime (S.Calif)
I've started using mulch around the base of all my fruit trees this year, I live in a hot summer area and I'm trying to keep the roots as cool as possible (not to mention the other benefits of mulch),...
3
3

red banana pepper
Hello; garden newbie here. This year I planted banana peppers, green and red peppers in one of my raised beds. Out of the huge number of banana peppers I grew this year, one banana pepper was red...
5
5

garden competition
Hi everyone The charity United Response has launched a competition to fin Britain's most imaginative garden. United Response supports peopl with learning disabilities or mental health needs across...
1
1