Subject Author Posted Replies

parkside leaf blower
I bought a parkside leaf blower model plb 3000/5 in lidl a year or two ago ,Isucked up a piece of hard plastic and broke part of wheel inside at top of machine but trying to get a part is like finding...
6
6

Groundhogs
Groundhogs have discovered a memorial garden planted on a golf course. They have eaten their fill! They have NOT eaten hellebores, ornamental grasses, or some ferns. What can I plant safely? Low...
12
12

Racoons
Anyone have and effective remedy against racoons? I have a backyard vineyard in town and they are devouring my fruit. They are getting through the bird netting like it is not even a problem for them....
12
12

Wanted: small sunflower variety that won't fall over
I grew sunflowers this year, and as usual, they fell over. I think it must have something to do with breeding. Over the ages, people bred them to have larger and larger flowers, which in turn makes...
7
7

Create a landscape you can eat
Landscaping provides so many benefits from increasing privacy and creating shady areas to preventing soil erosion and, of course, adding eye-appeal. Here's another benefit that's hard to resist:...

Jade Tree's Mystery Nemesis
Fellow Plant Lovers, A frightening thing is happening to my Jade tree. It has a white, sticky substance popping up all over it, which proceeds to eat away at leaves until they rot off. It leaves only...
6
6

can anyone id these?
Please use a direct link in the future.... nothing with brackets in front. sorry bout that any better Explore Coffee Obsessive's 832 photos on Flickr!
3
3

Please ID this Flowering Plant
Hi, this past spring I saw this plant growing right against the fence between my neighbour's yard and mine. I was going to cut it down, but I was curious as to what it is. It is just now starting to...
8
8

Blood Meal to keep deer from eating trees
My question is does sprinkling blood meal around trees keep the deer from munching on them? Have had a few trees killed over the last winter from deer feasting on them and have replanted this year ,...
2
2

Time to pick up the crappy peaches again
We have an ornamental tree in our yard that we love 11 months of the year and hate in September. It is a weeping peach, nice shape, lots of shade, beautiful flowers late April (zone 5). But those...
6
6

electronic soil test meters
Hello, I'd like to be able to monitor soil pH and N,P,K and was wondering if these electronic meters you can buy for $30 or so are worth the money? Anyone have any experience using these things? Are...
8
8

Rose of Sharon
We transplanted several Rose of Sharon from a friend's yard into a garden at the local elem. school. They quickly dropped all of their leaves. Are they goners?
2
2

OT No mention of gardens but....
My friend Don sent me this. .... DON'T TAKE ME IF I DON'T WANT TO GO.......... After Mrs. Fenton retired, Mrs. Fenton insisted her husband accompany her on her trips to Walmart. Unfortunately, Mr....
33
33

Estimated Cost of Pebble Rock
I need help calculating potential cost for building a pebble stone walkway on the side of an office building. The walkway is made of dirt, and it is the only way to get from the main parking lot in...
11
11

Choose a suitable vase for flowers
What do you look for in a vase? If you are going to shop for a vase you could be stuck between a ceramic or a terra-cotta. Which vase should you buy? If you love flowers as much as we do, you should...