Subject Author Posted Replies

Trees in hedges?
This is a little off topic but I have a problem with volunteer trees and honeysuckle bushes growing in my hedges. In this situation I was wondering if anyone has had any luck poisoning them with...
11
11

Low-e glass light transmission for plants?
I have a large picture window that I have a bunch of plants in front of (I bring them in during the winter, take them outside in the summer). The plants are tropical fruit plants (mango, avacado,...
3
3

grow light requirements?
Hi, As it's getting nippy here in Cleveland, Ohio, I moved some container plants from outside to my basement. I attached a pic, the big plants in back are stevia (which isn't doing too good) and...
4
4

Replacement tree
My dwarf pie cherry tree has died, perhaps from old age. At least I found no patent signs of injury or disease. We removed it and dug out the stump (no easy task on an older tree). I want to put in a...
11
11

Can anyone help me identify this plant?
I can't seem to identify this plant using the web alone. Thought I would get some human helpers for me! Here are some pictures:...
2
2

Homebuyers love these trees and shrubs
You never get a second chance to make a first impression. This well- known saying is certainly true when it applies to your home. Those few seconds, when a visitor first sees your house, are crucial...

short and sweet
Good day friends..... Madgardener, aka "Maddie" here. Not melodramatics, no fan fare, no horns or sad sounds. Short and sweet. (for a change) things here in Faerie Holler are going in the direction...
12
12

Garden tools. A bit of research
Hi guys. Im new here. Im looking for a bit of help. I am a researcher a the University of Glamorgan in Wales. There is a bit of an importan project in development concerning garden tools. Dont spose...
19
19

Awful Quite, What's Everyone Up To?
Myself, I'm busy with building a fence for the hounds so they have an outside run area during the day instead of hanging out in the house. Got pics up at if anyone is bored. Currently working on how...
16
16

Bringing in tomato plants
I have. here, read casual references to "bringing in tomato plants". This year, I have a zillion volunteer tomato plants, mostly the cherry varieties. Can I bring any of them indoors, treat them like...
4
4

Rhubarb OK to eat in autumn?
Because my rhubarb plant had the nerve to try and shade the oregano, I've been cutting off its older, larger leaves all summer. I offered some to a neighbor yesterday, but she wondered if it was OK to...
20
20

Water Pipe
Hi, I have a cold water pipe running undermy conservatory and runnin outside of my conservatory wall. now that the winter is coming i a concerned that it will freez and split. Its a copper pipe with n...
4
4

from a dead looking stick
3 years ago a friend gave us a dead looking stick and told us if we planted the stick in the ground and watered it once a day for two weeks we'd get a Confederate Rose bush. I decided to play along...
36
36

Doctors blame Congress for obesity problem
Just as an experiment in seeing how long Congress can ignore the electorate you may want to contact YOUR congresspeople with your feelings on the farm bill. While your at it, since impeachment is off...

Norfolk Island Pine Tree Getting to Big
I have a Norfolk Island Pine Tree in a lagre Pot. I live in New England so I need to keep the tree in the house during winter. I have had this for 30 years. My wife gave it to me when we were dating....
14
14