Subject Author Posted Replies

snowing leaves at my house
Just saw something very unusual, and was wondering if anyone can tell me what caused it. There is no wind outside, temperature is about 25 degrees, but trees that had hardly dropped any leaves...

The original Square Foot Gardening Mel Bartholomew videos on tape ?
It's been a million years since I've seen one of the original Square Foot Gardening shows by Mel Bartholomew. I did find this on YouTube (see link below) would be interested in hearing from anyone...

Bees
FAQ¹s Colony Collapse Disorder What is CCD? Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) is the name given to the recent and seemingly most serious mortality of honey bee colonies across US. It is characterized...

A planting primer for trees and shrubs
Perhaps you visit a garden center or look at an online catalog and see various intriguing plants but hesitate to make the buying decision because you're not sure about the correct planting procedure....
25
25

Soil makes you happy!
The Winter 2007-2008 issue of Organic Gardening (a ghost of what it used to be, unfortunately) has a blurb titled "Soil Makes You Happy": Quote Proof that dirty fingers lead to clean minds. Findings:...
39
39

Which ornamental tree ??
I only have a small garden (50ft x 25ft),but would like to plant som kind of ornamentle tree within the lawn boudaries. I dont want anything over about 6/7ft tall,and would prefer it to hav a spread...
10
10

Crabgrass?
I have grass-like weed growing rampantly in a damp and shaded part of my lawn (in Northern California). It spreads via runners up to 3ft long or more. Here are some pics of bits I pulled up: infected...
9
9

Mystery Plant
Hello, Can anyone tell me what this plant could be? It self seeded in my border this year but Ive been unable to find out it's name or preferred growing conditions etc. in advance. G
4
4

Bees - Scary?
Hi, my name is Neil, I'm a product design student in Brighton. I' looking into possibly doing a home beehive design, and yourselves a gardeners have probably encountered the odd bee or two. I have a...
59
59

Thinking about gardening
Tjampuhan 11:21 David Parsons Ngaio Gamelan World 100 2 11/12/07 6:55 PM Things are dying about but seed catalogues keep appearing. Crank this up sort of makes one want to go scratch the earth. Bill
32
32

Gladiolus - new varieties
Hello everybody! I'm a hybridizer from Lithuania. Is there anybody< who interested i glads? It would be fine to make friends. I have collection (about 200 varieties) of glads, and my uniqu varieties...
4
4

how to germinate a mango seed ( kernel)
Hello everyone, I am a newbie from u.k, but i have been gardening for a while now, an recently i have germinated a mango seed indoors in a plastic bag, germinated 6 mango kernels and i had 100%...

tree problems
we will be adding new sections on selecting healthy trees soon. Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case Sensitive. Troubles in the Rhizosphere Trees from the Nursery /...

Questionnaire for a university project
Hi, I would be really grateful if you could fill out this quick littl questionnaire for a gardening project of mine. Than t0413991
2
2