Subject Author Posted Replies

Which foods for orchids?
"Compost", "Coco Husk", "Sphagnum Moss", "Orchid Focus Feed", "Superthrive vitamin-hormone", "Mineral Magic clay powder organic matter", "Diamond Nectar Fulvic Acid", "Bio Essentials micro nutrients",...
8
8

Electric pruners/secatuers.
Anybody ever used one of these things? How much are they and how goo are they -- Christiansouth
1
1

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!
It's a beautiful morning out there, the sun is out, it's 52° at 8:30 am, on the way up into the 60's, a typical New England rollercoaster! The bird is in the oven, I've got to go out and pick some...
2
2

Happy Thanksgiving to all
May your turkey (or facsimile there of) be moist and tasty and your cranberries just sweet enough. Cheryl

Gardening Tips Required
Hi I have just developed a gardeners search director and am looking for some people to submi gardening tips on a monthly basis in return for free advertising fo your business, if you are interested...

Happy Thanksgiving
I hope that you all, even in the shadow of evil, have a happy Thanksgiving. As long as you are on the right side of the grass, you have something to be happy about. My condolences to native Americans....
18
18

Article on Apple Varieties
The best place to get an idea of the apple’s diversity is at the United States Department of Agriculture’s Plant Genetic Resources Unit, home to the world’s most extensive collection of apple...

Organic Guide and Lifestyle
I have found this web-site very interesting are articles about gardening, food, family and lifestyle. Have a look... http://www.organicguide.comThere

New hummingbird species found
Scroll almost to the bottom of the page: Species Discovered This Millennium, and Other Natural Wonders...
3
3

NYT Article on apples
think this place was mentioned in "Omnivore's Dilemma ". Bill The best place to get an idea of the apple’s diversity is at the United States Department of Agriculture’s Plant Genetic...
1
1

Hydroponics vs. Soil
Ok, so I'd always wanted to play around with small scale hydroponics and see if it's any fun.. So I was looking around and found this system. 's not like the misting systems that I'd seen and is a...
5
5

overwintering coleus cuttings
I have taken 8 coleus cuttings to overwinter. Three of these I put into moist vermiculite. The other 5 in water. All are in an east window, cool temperatures. After 3 weeks all of these are starting...
3
3

Asiatic Jasmine Questions
Anyone have experience with Asiatic Jasmine? I know it's easy to grow, but is it easy to contain? I'm going to grow some on a sandy, mostly sunny hill in north Florida. Can you give me any tips?...
1
1

Interesting Tree Facts
Tree Facts, I would like input on the most interesting tree facts that you know. http://www.globaltreeregistry.com/Tree_Facts.html http://www.globaltreeregistry.com/Tree_Facts.html...

Indoor gardening under fluorescent lighting
I have an indoor garden under fluorescent lights operated with a timer. I heard that using white gloss paint or aluminum foil surrounding the plants helps, but that glass in mirrors absorb light to...
20
20