Subject Author Posted Replies

Catalogues and political stuff
It is cold and wet and dreary and we know the sap is running as the local birds are tapping our sugar maple. Choice of seed is forefront yet my garden will be OK no matter the mistakes I make. Saw...
1
1

Everblooming iris?
There is this gas station which has iris's and they bloom at least four times a year. They are blue (well, hort blue is really purple) and they are blooming right now, AGAIN. Anyone know of this type...
4
4

Lawn alternatives - solutions for mud pit
Hi, I was wondering if someone could offer any advice on the best solutio for the problem described below. The problem is that my lawn is degenerating in a muddy swamp. I liv in Warrington and it...
5
5

Plant swapping
Just opened a new plant swapping group if anyones interested. method="get action=""table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" border="0" bgcolor="#ffffcc" tr td colspan="2" align="center" emSubscribe to...
1
1

Stole some fertiliser yesterday
I went round to a work mates yesterday & helped him clean out his shed. I took a few things he didn't want, including a sack of fertiliser. "Thanks" was what he told me as I walked away with the sack...
9
9

dry and hot here
31 degrees here today. a couple of mm of rain in the last month, hot sunny weather. Everything is wilting, me & the dogs included. We missed all our late December rain. rob
7
7

Paths
Hello, I recently had my backyard redone. I got rid of all the grass and had native plants put in so that that the watering needs are reduced. The paths that are there now are made out of decomposed...
7
7

Care tips for your orchid
Orchid is a wonderful and mysterious plant for me. Its flower is more beautiful and charming than other flower. However, you must take care of it very carefully such as temperature, watering,...
66
66

cats
Cat gets owned. Introducing The Meow Mix Tease.
4
4

Killing off Wild Garlic
I have wild garlic all over my yard. In the grass, tangled in with my tulips and daffs, around the roses, in the side walk. Literally everywhere it can grow. Pulling it up is not working, and from...
7
7

Onion planting advice
Last year, I planted onions very early in the spring, and most of them bolted. I planted onions later in the spring, and had a fairly good crop. The local extension service says to plant onions as...
2
2

Can any plants co-exist with eucalyptus trees.
Is there a list, somewhere, that shows which plants can live underneath Eukes? Southern California. Most plants refuse to coexist with Eukes. I need to plant some shrubs or trees to cover up the...
2
2

propagating blueberries
I live in upstate NY, in Otego, right near Oneonta. I'm located halfway between Albany and Binghamton. I plan to start trying to propagate this year but haven't found any advice specifically for my...
3
3

Something to build in the off season
Photobucket Photobucket
2
2

Stately junipers add garden drama as they point skyward
Sometimes, all your landscape needs to give it a whole new look is a little drama. These fast-growing junipers could be just the ticket. Juniper Spartan (Juniperus chinensis Spartan) If you read much...