Subject Author Posted Replies

Planting and Mulching Trees
Here is what happens when you plant trees too deep and add insult to injury, by putting mulch against the trunk of the trees! 't believe me - look for yourself! For those interested:
1
1

Victory Garden Redux
In the name of humanity, won't someone please take this program out into the woods and put a bullet in its brain? End its suffering! Is there no one willing to do the right thing for this worn-out...
4
4

Earth Box ?
Anybody ever use the Earth Box growing system? I planning on doing some tomatoes and peppers in containers this Spring, and this self-watering system looks really interesting.
1
1

How to start my Philodendron?
I took the plant out of the pot in order to clean away the white slime accumuating near the rim. The plant is about 30 years old and hearty. I cut the stems in about half, and placed the new stems in...
10
10

Strawberry orientation
I'm going to put in some strawberries. Is there any advantage to the orientation? I can plant it in several locations, shielded in each directions. Would this make a difference, say in winter, when...
2
2

Help needed with 'adopted' jade plants
Let jade completely dry out between watering. The overwatering will cause the leaves to drop or cause the roots to rot. They thrive on neglect, up to the point of the shriveling leaves part. Well...
4
4

Garden Plants
If you are looking forward to have a beautiful flower garden full of thriving garden plants, the best thing you can do is take it one plant at a time. Start small and prepare that small area well by...

Can someone recognize this stain of radishes ?
When compared to regular red radishes they are slightly bitter, yet very tasty. They are all pink and have just a dash of red color at the top. Thank you.

Elderberry Check
Zone 6b, Kentucky.. I was browsing around for a nice plant to put as a hedge row across the back yard (65' or so) and thought it'd be fun to have Sambucus Racemosa and Nigra alternated along the row....
5
5

My Philodendron has a SENSE OF HUMOR!
Incredible but true. I picked up my orphaned Philodendron and bought a pot and soil for it because I have 2 others. You won't believe how it acted. Here's what happened: After about 2 weeks I notice a...

Rose Rant
Late last year, I ordered six roses from a local Armstrong Nursery store. I went into the store to order them, and I returned to the store to pick them up when they arrived. Today, I started planting...

I need help with my plants
Hello, I have a 30 year old Cordatum Philodendron that I noticed a white slime growing around the rim of the pot. This worried me, so I took it upon myself to re-pot the plant. It's served me well for...
2
2

Physically challenged people can still enjoy garden
Recently, I received an e-mailed letter from a lady who described herself as disabled. She wrote that she had always enjoyed tending her garden, but, due to her physical disability, she felt nervous...

warmer weather!
Hey Y'all! How is everyone's weather today? It's 79 degrees right now, and the nice weather really has me in the gardening mood today! Too bad it's still to early in the year for much planting around...
9
9

Advice on vine - Zone 6, KY
Hey all.. Been a while.. ;) Wondering if anyone could give me advice on some vines. Need something for both shade and part sun, two diff areas, can be two diff vines. Needs to be a twining vine, not...