Subject Author Posted Replies

Too late for tulips?
SE Iowa, zone 5 Last fall we purchased a couple of hundred tulip bulbs simply because they were on sale at Menards or somewhere similar. As happens many years we never got around to getting them...
8
8

Norfolk Pines
Those cute little "trees" you find just about anywhere around Xmas time. I have four of them. If I plant them outside, will they do well? I'm in central Texas, zone 7.
4
4

Hardy Perennial Plants
I am wanting to plant out some perennial plants into our cottage garden and wondered what plants I could plant out now? Thanks for any help :-)
1
1

Attracting Hummingbirds
All that might attract these humming birds and butterflies to your garden are your plants and the surroundings. They might not come if they fail to generate interest in your plants. Richards

OT: Back from knee replacement
Hi guys, It's been a roller coaster for sure and pain is not the huge aspect, just the discomfort of the connective tissue pulling and spasming. I can stand, and did the day after surgery. I can walk...
13
13

Lawnmower Questions - Gas vs. Electric for Replacing 30 year old too haevy mower.
If you're referring to the type that needs a cord plugged into 120 volts AC, I'd suggest the following: Put a glass jar into a thick paper bag. Beat the bag with a hammer until you have bits of glass...
10
10

Organic vs. Non-organic
Previously, we discussed prepared packaged food vs. fresh food. Let us now follow Mr. Pollan down the organic vs. factor-food path a short way. Omnivore's Dilemma pg. 176. "Whether organic is better...
11
11

Help with trees
hi all, quick query. my brother bought me two fruit trees, apple and pear, about five foot tall. problem is, i have absolutely nowhere to put them in my garden!!! would the survive in huge pots? just...
9
9

piccolo tomato seeds info please!
hi. am looking for how to grow piccolo seeds , can some one help
1
1

The Right Way Flower Gardening
Flower gardening is becoming more and more popular every day. Flowers can brighten everyone?s day, they smell nice, and are a great hobby. Flower gardening is simple, inexpensive, and loads of fun....
4
4

long hot peppers
I recently visited an italian market and purchased some long hot italian peppers. About an inch wide and maybe 4-8 inches thick. They are still pretty hot after they were grilled. Perhaps a mild/med...
5
5

Deer eating my Hick's yew trees
Hello, all: It's been an especially harsh winter here in Toronto and, for the first time I've ever seen, some deer (2) have been coming up the ravine into my backyard and have eating all the needles...
10
10

Interesting Lecture near Chicago, on Peach Trees
On February 24, 2008 at 1 PM, there will be a lecture by Dennis Northon of Royal Oak Farm on Hardy Peaches and Pest Management. The lecture itself is free, but there is a parking fee of $15 per car to...
15
15

computer question
I am just starting with Windows Vista. When shutting down I go to the start menu and down in the far left corner is a little itty bitty button that if I tag it with the pointer a menu comes up which...
47
47