Subject Author Posted Replies

Anyone Getting Anything Good In?
Just wondering what you all have on order, or plans to buy when you hit the ground running after the last frost. ;) I've got.. Oh gosh.. Alot of stuff ordered and coming in. Just got 4 grape vines and...
24
24

Growing tomatoes under lights
I'm growing some tomato plants under a 400 watt metal halide lamp. They are about three weeks old and several are a few days from blooming. Right now I have them under 18 hours of light and 6 hours of...
4
4

Seeds in the news
I've always tried to maintain seed vitality by keeping them dry and at about 60 F. The with open pollinated and hybrids. I'd check by soaking 10 seeds in a wet paper towel to check on viability. This...
17
17

Gardening Safety
When you learn the art of gardening, there are few safety considerations that you need to address. No matter what type of gardening project you are undertaking, be it a bloom of flowers, a bounty of...
3
3

Questions for melon heads
I live on a sand dune, basically. Fine sand, lava, and caliche. But lots of piled red sand in Southern Utah. Just like beach sand, only red. I want to grow melons. Watermelons, cantaloupe, and any...
7
7

Rocks
I was thinking about this as I dug up the winter weeds in my garden. My soil is riddled with rocks, rocks of various shapes, sizes, and construction. Nothing too obnoxious, I rid myself of the...
4
4

Need vine recommendations
I finally took out the Wisteria which had been doing -- well, what Wisteria *does*. Now seeking your recommendations for a pair of vines to frame a South-facing French door in Southern California...
17
17

Curling leaves on azalea
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, near the southern end of the bay. A few days ago, I discovered that the leaves on one of my Southern Indica azaleas (a variety called 'Southern Charm') had curled...
1
1

Mushrooms In New Potting Soil
I am sowing seeds in 3.5 inch square plastic flower pots using Greenall Organic Potting Soil. I place the pots in 1020 treys with clear plastic domes and keep them near a window at a constant seventy...
4
4

Clean up, fix up garden in time for spring
The first day of spring is just around the corner. All over America, garden lovers are coming out of their metaphorical hibernation and beginning to head back outside with that eternal optimism that...

computer question 2
On VISTA Norton's firewall is not allowing websites to be viewed at all. Just as if there was no internet connection. We can send and recieve email but we have to turn off Nortons firewall to view any...
30
30

Upside down tomatos
I have seen on TV these upside down tomato containers. They look like, and probably are simple bags that let you grow tomatos in a hanging position upside down. I have raised tomatos in Louisiana for...
14
14

Lucky Bamboo and Location
Sorry for the lack of information concerning my "Lucky Bamboo." In any event, I reside in Florida. It turns out that the sun seems to be the culrpit; I brought it inside and the yellowish is turning...
1
1

Compost can turn agricultural soils into a carbon sink
Mithu Mukherjee 020-732-42223 SAGE Publications UK Compost can turn agricultural soils into a carbon sink, thus protecting against climate change Special issue of Waste Management and Research...
5
5

Kitamun: Introduction
Also posted to Hello Everyone, I am Kitamun. Last year I began growing an assortment of herbs in a window box, and a raised planter box of nine French tarragon plants. I found that the culinary reward...
2
2