Subject Author Posted Replies

Low back pain relief
Tai Chi helps back pain because, despite it also being a marital art, it is designed to enhance the body's resilience, improve flexibility, keep your weight in check and help a person to an easier...

Lawn care 3 step program
To winterize or not to winterize lawn "Winterize your lawn", the big sign outside the garden store commanded. I've fed it, watered it, mowed it, raked it and watched a lot of it die away. Now I'm...
5
5

Compost Question
Hi all, I've got a compost bin and was wondering when I should stop adding to it so that I can use well-rotted compost on my veg patch next Spring? It's a plastic dalek-style compost bin, from the...
6
6

Is there a list for the best US cities for gardening?
I'm starting out a new career and can pretty much move anywhere in the US. I looked online but couldn't find a list of the best cities for gardening. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
6
6

GIANT FUNGUS
Days of solid rain made this giant fungus grow at my front door. 2 days of sun made it shrivel and disappear again. Have never seen anything like it. I think it's beautiful (placed it at the beginning...
9
9

Urban Forestry, Oxymoron
History of the term. During the early to mid 1970's, elm disease was ravaging the northeastern states. The people wanted something done by the federal government, and fast. Senators and Congressmen...
2
2

Is Conifer Pine Mulch Toxic or otherwise bad for the garden?
Hi there, Its Autumn here in Melbourne, Australia. I have a row of conifer pine trees - medium size - dark green leaves. They are about 6 metres tall and are due for a good prune back. I believe they...
5
5

Royal Empress Tree
Hello I am considering planting a fast-growing tree which i can annually butcher with my chainsaw for the purpose of shoving it into my wood burning stove. I am led to believe this tree grows at an...
6
6

Gardening Tips
Does anyone of you know anything about Hydrophonic Gardening? I'm trying to find more resources on this interesting subject. Thank you, Sammy "Where gardening can be fun"
4
4

Is it too early to unwrap a FIG tree
Live in the lower hudson valley - New York State. I think zone 6 . Is it too early to unwrap a fig tree. I would like to get a jump on the growing season. Last year it seemed like it was two to three...
2
2

Topsy Turvy planters
I am new here. I see a few familiar monikers. I was given of the Topsy Turvy planters recently. I did some research and people have had some bad luck with these. I live in SoCal and I am not sure what...
2
2

Honda izy, starts but won't run
Hello, I need some help with my 2003 Honda izy lawnmower. It starts first pull but cuts out after about 30 seconds. Been 100% great since I bought it new 5yrs ago. I've cleaned & set the plug, but no...
2
2

Are there plants specifically used to create wind protection?
Hi all, I would like to plant an ornamental cherry tree in the middle of my garden -- problem is, it gets rather windy and I read that wind will cause the petals of the flowers to simply wash away.. I...
4
4

National Beanpole Week, and hazel beanpoles
Hi all, I'm going along to National Beanpole Week's grand launch at the Green Wood Centre near Ironbridge, Shropshire on Sat 19th April - 11am-4pm (a celebration of British coppiced woodland which is...