Subject Author Posted Replies

Compost ratio
I'm starting trying start my first compost. I keep seeing a carbon to nitrogen ratio of 30:1. Is that by weight or volume? Most kitchen scrap is nitrogen so that's the one I have plenty of but that's...
19
19

Training old grape vine...
I have a extremely large, (in my opinion), grape vine that has taken over a split rail fence and it has been there for at least 20 years. I would like to extend the fence another 25 feet but instead...
2
2

Container sizes for onions/carrots...
Hi All, Any idea as to what container size (depth and diameter) I would require to successfully grow onions and carrots in my greenhouse? Also, could you also please let me know which variety of...
1
1

stone beds in a garden/landscape
Hello, I'm redesigning my front yard. Getting away from grass to try and reduce water consumption. I would like to have some areas filled with river stone. My concern is weeds becoming an maintenance...
2
2

Ask a Grand Designs Exert
A new live version of Channel 4's popular television show Grand Design is looking for people with questions to ask our gardening experts. Sen in your questions to and we will have i answered by on of...

Spreading plants have their place in landscape
"Yes, those plants look nice enough," I sometimes hear. "But don't they have a reputation for spreading?" Yes, there are a number of attractive plants that have a reputation for spreading out across,...

polystyrene posts
can anyone tell me where I can get garden posts (suitable for pergola) made from recycled polystyrene ? they are very rustic looking, and look more like the real thing than the real thing if you know...
3
3

Nusery and Garden Center Lists
I'm looking for a listing of garden centers and nurseries across the US, Canada and UK, preferably in an Excel spreadsheet or csv export from a database. I've contacted several professional...
2
2

Hey all freesia Question in california Zone 9 Redwood City Ca
I just planted my bulbs last weekend, its this going to be a problem. We have one freesia in the front yard it comes back faithfully every year. But It has already bloomed and is slowly dieing back. I...

New here, advice needed!!
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site, so please be gentle with me! lol. I'm actually in need of some garden advice. I have a front garden that at the moment is very dull and lacks privacy. From our...
7
7

Ever Use a Pyramid Power for your Plants?
Has anyone has tried using a pyramid to cause their plants to grow faster? From the book, "The Awesome Life Force", Mr. Cater says to align the pyramid with the North Magnetic Pole and lower latitude...
15
15

Uh-oh
In article , Billy wrote: Look at some of these graphs dealing with Commodity/Futures. Scary for sure. Deals with food stuffs and more. Bill
14
14

How to Buy Non-GM Foods
Other than the obvious ways to avoid GM foods, which is partly what we are about here, this is helpful information. Perhaps even the choir may find it useful. Care Charlie to Buy Non-GM "Buying non-GM...
8
8

Greenhouse setup...
Hi all, I'm new to this group and gardening. I recently purchased a second hand wooden hexagonal greenhouse. I have decided to set this up on a small patch of lawn which is south facing so it gets the...

all-in-one-lawn system -- ga pacific company
found what seems 2 b a cross bet seeding and sodding -- store has seed, fertlzer and mulch, rolled 2gether, which is rolled out/placed, then watered -- as seed grows rolled background material...