Subject Author Posted Replies

Organic Gardening The Eastern Way
Learn Organic Gardening The Eastern Way No Chemicals Reguired Clients queries replied pomptly B. Shah Shah Enterprise e.mail shahwin at

Give us a square foot and we'll give you a year's worth of produce
In article , Ablang wrote: John Jeavons' "How to Grow More Vegetables" uses the same strategy of inter-planting (companion planting) to conserve space and block out weeds.
1
1

Underground watering spikes?
8
8

Brrrrrr
The Oregon weather gods sure are a cruel & perverse lot...Last Saturday in the Eugene area it was an unseasonably balmy 84 degrees here and this morning we awoke to 2 inches of snow. It only lasted...
3
3

Ivy mulch?
This is my first ever post about my first ever garden and I have to begin by confessing I know next to nothing about gardening. Conversely my partner and I have just moved into a home by the Thames...
6
6

Back to houseplants, and a few container gardens
Good day friends! Maddie here, and I thought since I was at the library online, I'd write a short one and report in with my over the fence friends out there. Having relocated to Greeneville which is a...
1
1

Magnolia Question Prune?
After 35 years I have two large Magnolias about 30 feet high. I intend to take one down for more light as it blooms too early an burns due to frost. The other is close and one branch could rub against...
2
2

A truly negative skunk....
Just this morning my wife and I were doing some work in the garden when a skunk emerged in our vicinity and proceeded rather slowly to disappear through the fence. We've seen the same fellow before...
14
14

** Thai Pepper plants having 2 problems - S. Florida - "pickinu" **
Someone Please help me!! My Thai spicy pepper plants are having a bit of trouble here in S. Florida. 1.) A number of them have leaves which are getting a white swiriling line going through the leaf...
7
7

Massive Kumara (sweet potato)
I dug out some of my kumara (sweet potatos) today. One massive tuber is 30 cm long and 45 cm round. The kumara must like the soil. rob
3
3

newbie
hi. i am a gardener who has been without a garden for 10 years. now i have some small beds in less than ideal conditions but i am thrilled to be digging and planting. in a field near my apt. i saw a...
2
2

Fertilizer for ornamental grasses
We have these tall ornamental grasses in the backyard which we trim each year. What type of fertilizer if any should we use? I mulch around them each spring, and they seem to be enjoying themselves....
3
3

Inoculating a new compost pile with aerobic compost tea?
In regards to a previous post and response by V. Hmmm...this triggered a thought! I wonder what would be the results and would there be benefits, to inoculating a new compost pile with aerobic compost...
6
6

Kousa Dogwood
Hi, I made the mistake of pruning the tree when it got too large for its location. Now it looks terrible with alot of suckers. Any suggestions anyone? Thanks!

native perennials site
Does anyone have recommendations of a site that sells perennials native to Maryland, as well as non-natives? Alan
3
3