Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Hand-powered chipper/shredder?
... in almost 30 years it is likely that whatever it was is rotted by now no matter what was done to it. :) however, in the aims of keeping things simple and having me do as little as possible i bury...
2
2

please identify this lawn weed
I need to know the name of this lawn weed. If I know the name I can get rid of the weed effectively. This is a common lawn weed. It spreads as a creeper. Thanks. Bill S.
4
4

Gardener's Prayer?
The Gardener?s Prayer O Lord please listen to my prayer As I sit here upon my chair I?ve cut the hedge & mowed the lawn And planted seeds from early morn And now I pray You make them grow ~ Like the...

birds are eating my petunias
I've tried alsorts ive evenput green netting over them but had enough I want to look at the buetiful bloom so taking it all off tomorrow sod it! !! Ran out of ideas
2
2

Alfalfa as a landscape plant
Just for fun I'm trying to propagate alfalfa as a landscape plant. There seem to be a few feral plants along roadsides that can stay green well into summer with no irrigation. The flowers aren't...
3
3

Plant ID please.
I bought this house plant in a supermarket and wondered if anyone could tell me what it is and also how to propergate it. :)
2
2

Re: World's largest fruit crops?
bannanas
1
1

Critters eating leaves of Oakleaf Hydrangea
Hi Everyone, I have a young Oakleaf Hydrangea, and something is eating the leaves. Any recommendations at to an eco-friendly spray? Pictures can be seen here: see no aphids or ants, but can't ID...
2
2

carpenter ant hole in my tree
I have a guava tree on which I been noticing dead branches. I finally went to investigate and noticed a huge hole when a branch must have broken off. The were a lot of dead tissue in the hole and...
1
1

Help with habanero pepper plant
I bought this habanero plant from Home Depot about 6 weeks ago. I understand that it takes about 90 days until it produces peppers. I could use some tips. Like should I be pruning it? It is located on...
3
3

Preen/Ground Cover/Bulbs/Weeds!!!!!!
I have killed enough plants to consider myself an expert horticulturists. I plant tulips in my very aggressive wish I didn?t have it ivy. They do extremely well and for the time they bloom are...

Brown leaf spot disease ?
I have a habenero plant. It's about 8 inches tall in a 5 gallon bucket. this brown leaf spot disease? I cut off the leaves with those spots. Any tips on growing those peppers? Thanks, Andy

Help to ID purple flower
Hi all, This purple flower was in a gift bouquet. I think it's an Iris. Does anyone know the species? Thanks for your help.
3
3

Korean grass
One of the neighbors has Korean grass in a garden. Sounds like it's practically maintenance free and needs no mowing. First thought was... if I put it in a section of the lawn, is there any way to...
1
1

Allergic to Laburnum golden rain/chain
Hi there, I'm new to this forum. I am allergic to peanuts and all fabiciae trees, which includes Laburnum. I found out I was allergic to it when we moved in to an apartment, which had one right...
2
2