Subject Author Posted Replies

FA Vines gardening 1912 design ornamental veranda tropical
Vines & How to Grow T,A Manual of of Climbing Plants for Flower,Foliage and Fruit Effects,Both Ornamental & Useful ,Including Those Shrubs & Similar Forms That May Be used as Vines. VGC 1912 by...
1
1

Urgent!!!how to stop leaves from falling
Hi. I have 2 beautiful boukemvilia in my garden. Unfortunately my neighbour wants to cut the trees because the falling leaves and flowers go into his swimming pool. Do you have any suggestion of how I...
1
1

Very fast growing purply/pink/bronze shrubs ??
It's me again! My garden is not huge - about 60 foot by 20 perhaps with a fence either side of around 6 foot. I'll be digging borders wither side but not the entire length of the garden. I've been...
2
2

How to kill crepe myrtly water shoots?
Anyone ever use or heard of using Naphthalene Acetic Acid? I had to dig through some roots of a large crepe myrtle a couple years ago and have numerous water shoots coming up in that area of the...
7
7

Tree bark peeling from wind damage
I have a silver maple that I planted in the spring of 2007. The trunk is about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, and stands about 9 to 10 feet tall. North Texas storms have been coming through, and the tree...
26
26

Can Bedding Plants be Planted Now?
Find your average last frost date. Planting soon after that date is recommended, but there's no guarantee. I put out the less-sensitive plants that I can cover/protect easily, then finally put out...
2
2

Anyone familiar with Junipers?
Hailing from Southern California (Zone 10). We have a long row of Gold Coast Junipers, about 25 years old. Last year we had a deep freeze that damaged a lot of plants in our garden. When our Junipers...
1
1

Colorful plants bring both excitement and tranquility to garden
This time of year has a special place in my heart. Every season has its own characteristics and I wouldn=92t want to change any of them, even the so-called bleak midwinter. But right now, at the...
1
1

Noisy squirrel in my attic. How do I get it out?
Hi folks, I have an unwanted visitor in my old house. The door of attic is sealed off with concrete and wood, I can't get in unless I drill it open. Inside is no light just the wooden roof frame and...
33
33

allergy website
April is one of the worst allergy months of the year for much of the USA. I had an allergy attack earlier this month, fortunately it lasted only 2 days. This site shows what is in bloom in your area.
1
1

What is this on my butterfly bushes????
Dare I hope it is the famed Monarch that lead me to plant milkweed plants and butterfly bush seed last year in the hopes of attracting them?? ?action=view& have been looking at my flower beds on an...
8
8

Dog pissed on my boxwood hedge
It's turning brown and unhealthy where he did. Is there anything other then kicking the dog so he doesn't do it again to get it healthy again?

Plant Sale near Valley Forge, PA
The Valley Forge Chapter of the American Rhododendron Society is having its Annual Plant Sale at Jenkins Arboretum on Saturday & Sunday, May 3-4, 2008. The public is invited. There is a Pre-sale Party...

Bonsai indoors
Hello all. I am new to these groups and to gardening in general. I live in a small apartment and have no outside area but I really want to improve my skills with growing and I want to have more living...
7
7

"Perennial" gardening in Illinois
I am new to gardening, but one thing that worries is... On one hand I see all the wild grasses and forested areas where vegetation grows on it own. On the other the gardening shops sell us things that...
4
4