Subject Author Posted Replies

Got Hope? Got Seed? Got a Clue? Better Get Two of These!
No surprises here....if you have a clue. Got seed? Open pollinated? Got a place to put seed? Got hope? Dr. Kissenger's ideals are in play...... Charlie, tryin' to be relatively quiet "What do you do?...

bottle brush plant
As far as targets go I have this section for you on pruning. Often myrtle is topped and people claim it was pollarded - not true. Mulching correct also will also correct. I am willing to help you...
4
4

May 4 Remembrance
Please plant something today in honor of Alison, Jeffrey, Sandra and William. We'll not forget you. Charlie
2
2

Herbs?
Could someone refresh my memory on herbs that are for pain. I use to have one and can not remember the name. My friend here is really sick and I would like to buy herbs that would help him. I have...
6
6

Growing Amaranth
Has anyone tried growing Amaranth grain in your back yard? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. rob
6
6

tomato emergency...... help!!!!!!!!!!
I set my tomatoes out a little over a week ago. Some already had flower clusters. The neighbor sprayed the fence row a few days later with Round-Up and now our tomatoe's new growth is all distorted...
9
9

Fav conservation tool you use
We love window quilts. Keeps cold out and heat in and keeps cool in and heat out. Take an ordinary window or sliding glass door and give it the same R values of a normal insulated wall. Everyone you...
2
2

rains, settling into city life, better late than never spring garden, and a new granddaughter!!!!
Good day to my friends over the fence.......madgardener (maddie) here. Just throwing out a quick ramble as catch up for those of you who like reading me rambles. Settling into city life here in the...

holly trunk injury
Is anyone familar with this trunk injury pattern? John A. Keslick, Jr. Consulting Tree Biologist Beware of so-called tree experts who do not understand tree biology. Storms, fires, floods,...
1
1

fast, green groundcover
Is there a plant, be it weed, herb, bush that stays green grows fast and forms a fairly low dense groundcover? Like I said I don't really care if it's a weed, just so long as it stays green. My large...
14
14

How to dilute Acephate
Various mites and bugs are destroying my junipers and Italian cypresses, big time. I would like to spray them with Acephate (Orthene). The HD sells it in small bottles at outrageous prices ("Systemic...
13
13

Lights For Indoor plants?
I have a bunch of plants on my room. this is the first year I have tried to grow anything. so I don't know which kind of light to use when I take them inside. I have a long hanging 'pendant lights' (...
11
11

Report From The Garden...."Cap'n Thar Be Worms Here!"
I just set out the first of the 'mater plants. Siberian and Subarctic, new heirlooms for me this year. Early, short season breeds. I tried Stupice last year and wasn't overly impressed. This is the...
30
30

Organis Tree Care
For those interested in organic tree care, here are some issues to address.
3
3

TMEN Archives On CD
For those who may be interested......TMEN has *all* issues/articles available on CD....1970 - 2007. The Mother Earth News online store has books and products to help you achieve self-sufficiency and...