Subject Author Posted Replies

Daffodil Foliage
I was taught that Daffodils had to replenish the bulb through foliage after bloom. Some time after the bloom, my mom would tie the foliage into loose knots. The foliage would die off. I see a lot of...
2
2

Keeping Fed
giblet gravy
3
3

USDA/APHIS plant import question(s) for any import experts, specifically re: Puerto Rico
I'm in Puerto Rico (work trip) and would like to bring a handful of plants back with me to Michigan (Mango, Avacado, etc- all fruit trees). I contacted APHIS by email and was told that they consider...
3
3

On This Issue Of Scarce Trees In The UK
I hear what you're saying about trees being cut down in the distant past for ships but trees should have started again "naturally." The travelogues do not show farming or livestock activity that would...
7
7

Cordyline. Cut the top off.
Hi everyone. I did a little experiment on a small cordyline, cutting off the top to see of it would sprout from the trunk.....well it did. I wanted to do this before I tackled my prize specimin...a...
2
2

Herbs bring a special element to an ordinary dish
I learned this recipe from my son's babysitter in Italy years ago: Make slashes into a lamb roast and stuff with a paste of garlic, fresh rosemary and bacon. Roast overnight in a VERY slow oven. Comes...
1
1

GARDENING THE EASTERN WAY
I have been reading a lot of messages on the site. We should first think, How Nature Works ? Since I have visited Jungles, I wanted what fertilizer nature provides to keep the jungle GREEN It is its...

trees, burr Oak etc
I have germinated one catalpa seed and it is doing well though only about 3 inches tall. (new house for us) One acorn from an oak in the front of some kind germinated but I put it in the sun and it...
1
1

Lack Of Trees In Irish And British Countrysides
TV documentaries and travelogues reveal a lot of lush "green" in those countrysides but a relative scarcity of trees. Is it climate? Too windy in Ireland? Sheep and/or other livestock?
112
112

Fodder - note the cross post
Thought of you folks. Looking about the only fodder plant I have is comfey. Our oaks are a natural source of acorns too. These folks look like they have done a lot of work in this area. Always more at...
3
3

White Cedar Garden Benches and Furniture
Looks nice. What about mounting the bell *before* setting the post? Of course this a little after the fact, eh? Charlie
8
8

Queen's Wreath -Petrea volubilis var. albiflora seeds for sale (Rare white variety)
I have a number of Petrea volubilis seeds (white variety) available for. This variety is rare and not the common purple flowered variety. Anyone interested in seed swap or purchasing these seeds can...

Doing Ok
[/url] After splitting my hostas and planting one half in a raised bed they are just showing signs of coming through .

How long to keep grow lights on?
I have about 50 eggplants, 50 peppers, and 50 tomatoes under a set of 4 flourescent lights. I plan on keeping them there for the next 2-4 weeks, which is how long it will be before the weather is...
6
6

Help Identifying a flower! Thanks inadvance :)
Me again! I have another identification for you guys as you done so well last time :) I have attached a shot of a flower to this message, please take a look if you get a chance ... I have no idea what...