Subject Author Posted Replies

Artificial photosynthesis ?
Intriguing indeed! Perhaps I am too jaded, for I must ask... Cui bono? So much really good science, so many good ideas wind up in the hands of the fools and never come to fruition, for the good of us...
1
1

What do i need to ensure when re locating a 9ft cordyline tree?
I have never done this before.? Somebody has been kind enough to give me a huge 9 ft cordyline tree and of course this means re locating it into my garden. I want to ensure that the tree stays alive...
1
1

Plumeria Seeds
Hello, I got bit by the plumeria bug and was looking at buying some plumeria seeds...i found a site that has a lot Plumeria paradise and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. I...

Identify these dense shrubs, used as a hedge?
We noticed some really dense shrubs forming a hedge about 8 feet tall at the beach near Wilmington, NC. I believe I have seen them in other places, especially around government parking lots. Very...
4
4

Eggplant germination question
I have 40 pots seeded with eggplants. I have 8 different types, 5 pots of each. It's been~10 days, and right now 3 of the 8 types are at 100% germination. IE 3 of the 8 varieties are all up, and none...
4
4

Emerging pine cones
Wonder if someone can answer a couple questions regarding this photo: type of pine tree? Are these the male cones? Thanks much! http://www.flickr.com/photos/ghb624/2477579764/What
3
3

Making stepping stones
Anybody had luck making those stepping stones by pouring concrete into a mold? What do you put underneath so you can remove the stepping stone w/o it setting up to the underneath surface and becoming...
7
7

Squash vine borers
How do you stop them from killing the vines? I tried to cover the vines with soil but that didn't work. I tried Sevin dust. That didn't work either. What are you doing that works? We are growing...
36
36

Dwarf Alberta Spruce always die
For the past three years I've gotten a living Dwarf Alberta Spruce to use as our Christmas tree. When Christmas is over we take off all the ornaments and sit it out on the patio where it receives sun...
2
2

walking in the rains, nasturtiums and windchimes
Hello, Maddie back at the fence......... I just can't stay away from the back fence.......not having the luxury of internet drives home how much I wrote and chatted to my friends out there who garden...
1
1

Any solution for live oaks sprouting up?
Recently moved into a new neighborhood in the Berkeley Hills. There isn't another California coast live oak for at least half a block, so they must be transported by more than just gravity or wind. A...
8
8

Paving stone dents
Hi guys, I'm an absolute beginner when it comes to gardening having just moved into a house for the first time with a garden so please be gentle on me! The previous occupant of the house has basically...
1
1

Snails
I have a problem with snails and I was told broken egg shells. Also that there is a wire I can use ROSEMARIE
5
5

busy lizzies
when should I plant my busy lizzies as I don't want them to be killed b fros -- sugar1
5
5

Photinina - red robin
My Red Robin has black spots on its leaves - how do I cure this please? many thanks
2
2