Subject Author Posted Replies

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, If look could kill
Last Year I saw a robin that drove off any squirrel that came into the yard! Must have had a next nearby!
2
2

Med Troy Bilt Accessories????????
I have a medium sized Troy Bilt Tiller and am looking for accessories. I would like to have a shield or bumper that would push plants aside so I can get close when tilling. Is there any such...
1
1

New to gardening
Hello, My wife and I are in our mid-thirties and never gardened. We have a 1 year old and are now starting to eat MORE healthy by learning to cook from scratch (buying cook books, will be grinding our...
5
5

Potting soil
I've got a bag of potting soil left from (I think) last season. It's still moist and *looks* OK. What's the shelf life of this stuff? Does it get too acidic or too basic or somesuch if stored for a...
2
2

Cordyline Australis about to keel!!
Hi, hoping someone can help as my pride and joy is about to keel over I think! On of my Cordyline Australis is around 7ft high with trunk diameter of around 18/19 inches and was I belive firmly...
4
4

New Hydroponic Tray and Reservoir Liners. Why scrub trays?
If you like to grow your own fruit and veggies at home indoors and have opted for a tray and reservoir set up, chances are you are sick and tired of having to break everything down and clean it when...

Leaning Cactus
I have 2 cacti. One a Saguaro, the other a barrel. Both 20 years old, both about a foot and a half tall. Both are leaning (like the leaning tower of Pisa). Other than holding them up with some bamboo...
1
1

question regarding tulip bulbs
hello, i have uprooted my tulips from the ground since some of the bulbs had some fungus growing on them. i cleaned the fungus by removing some of the externals layers and am drying the bulbs now the...
1
1

Jasmine getting yellow and red not dry leaves
hello I've got Jasmine on a trellis that gets a decent amount of sunlight. I keep it well watered, it's always a moist and I spray the leaves every morning. Lately, some of the leaves are turning...

Produce prices by you by date
Just spent US $2.49 for green bell peppers on 1/18/08 not organic. 6 peppers cost $7.84 Oldest likes stuffed peppers. Bill

Couple of tree questons
How come it takes more than one season for a transplanted pecan sapling to establish itself, and start producing stems/leaves of any appreciable amount? How come among the many ligustrums I planted,...
27
27

Correct Tree Care Practice
I find your news group to be very informative, however, some lucid instruction on three major tree problems could be addressed. Improper planting, improper mulching and improper pruning. These basic...

Bayer systemics
Many organisms eat the leaves, fruit and nuts of trees. When using systemic by Bayer, who claim their products are plant food as well, the good guys get a dose as well as the so-called, yet to be...
2
2

How do I keep rabbits out of my garden? Recommendations?
My landlord won't allow me to put up a fence, so I'm open to all other suggestions. viv
21
21

Greeneville's 14th annual Iris Festival
Hello friends,,,,,,,, Maddie here, just checking in while at the library. Today and tomorrow is the celebration in Greeneville of their 14th annual Iris Festival. I'm looking forward to checking out...