Subject Author Posted Replies

Another sunflower problem
Hello. i have had these sunflowers for a couple of weeks now but the leaves have become increasingly crinkled. i wondered if anyone knew the reason or a cure? thanks paul [image:
2
2

Sunflower insect damage?
I've noticed some black ants congregating around the base and stems of my big sunflower plant. Also noticed some holes in the stems... anyone know what may be causing the damage? or what the best...

Killing bermudagrass - non toxic spray?
Anyone know what I can spray on bermudagrass that's invading my 30x40ft corn plot? Vinegar isnt working. I wanna use something that's non toxic - I plan on eating the corn...lol Thanks!
4
4

Broad Beans
Just started a small veg plot and have a question regarding our broad beans as we have never grown them before. They are growing well and are well supported and approx 2ft 6" to 3 ft in height, lots...
1
1

Garden madness and can it be?? I actually had a pot of ANNUALS to STICK TO ME????
Glad to hear from you here too Maddy. That box of sedums will head out soon! Cheryl
1
1

Best Time to Buy Perennials
When are perennials at their lowest price? I suppose that there is a time of the year that they get discounted substantially, perhaps late summer?
5
5

tree in fron lawn
Hi, everyone, I live in Dublin, California and am looking for a tree to plant in our front lawn to shade our front window. We like something evergreen and OK to a lot of water because it is in the...
1
1

Time to transplant D. Formosa
Hello all, Long time no see! We recently moved into a new house and I have a very large dicentra formosa in a side garden that gets full sun all day, and is in very poor soil. It bloomed beautifully...
2
2

Chocolate Digitalis
I received an offer of a free "chocolate" digitalis from Thompson and Morgan Nursery with a minimum order. I donno, is it just me? A "brown flowered" foxglove doesn't sound all that ornamental. It...
5
5

Tithonia "Goldfinger"
Hi all, I'm growing Tithonia "Goldfinger" for the first time this year. They're from Park Seed and the catalog says that they're supposed to get 4 feet tall. Mine are now only about a foot tall and...

Banana: R.I.P.
The banana we eat today is not the one your grandparents ate. That one - known as the Gros Michel - was, by all accounts, bigger, tastier, and hardier than the variety we know and love, which is...
4
4

Two sprinkers: connect in sereis or parallel?
I have a lawn geometry that is best handled with two sprinklers. Would it best to connect them in series (faucet to 1st sprinkler and then 2nd sprinkler to the 1st one), or parallel (put a Y splitter...
11
11

Great day in the garden
I decided to get out and weed and do other garden chores today. Got the two smaller beds around a tree and the cement property marker, respectively, edged and weeded. Actually ended up transplanting...
4
4

Problems with Olive Trees and Star Jasmine
My Star Jasmine has hundreds of small black mites (aphids?) custering around the buds, any ideas what I should do? Are they dangerous to the plant? Also, my olive trees have a kind of white floss...

will this sunflower die?
i have been growning sunflowers this year and i went out to water them today when i noticed that one of them had split '[image: '( http://tinyurl.com/4ra3rt...
10
10