Subject Author Posted Replies

What eats radish roots and sunflower leaves?
I have radishes and sunflowers growing together. The sunflowers are about 6" tall. Something is devouring the radish root where it grows above the soil, and also something is devouring the sunflower...
8
8

old bluebell, tulip, daffodil foliage - to cut or not to cut?!
Being totally new to gardening, i need some advice. I have several bunches of leaves in my garden from daffodils, crocuses, tulips but mostly bluebells and i want to know whether or not i can cut them...
1
1

has anybody ever used an old jar as a propagator
used an old jar as a propigator
1
1

Spiraea Japonica Anthony Waterer
Does anyone have any experience of the above plant? I am trying to find out it's final height. The label says 75cm (30 in), in which case I have the perfect place. Whilst looking up on the internet I...
2
2

securing fence at bottom
I have chicken wire around the garden to keep rabbits out. How do I secure the bottom so that they can't go under the fence? Also, how high does the chicken wire have to be to keep them from jumping...
3
3

harvesting turnip seeds
I have "7 Top" turnip greens that are producing seeds right now. (The plant has two phases.) How do I gather the seeds to use for planting where I want them? I can pull off the pods, but the seeds...
1
1

Quick connect systems
Extreme newbie gardener here... I have been thinking about Gardena equipment for my new lawn and garden. However, it does feel plastic and I realize that what attracted me to them was their "quick...
4
4

Problem with conifers
Hi, can anyone help with my problem? I have 5 ft conifers along a boundary fence, that are a year old. They have been fine but now look as though they are dieing, going brown from bottom up. I have...
3
3

Rotting flower heads
Hi Everyone I've recently returned from the US to UK and have forgotten how crap the weather is LOL but I'm still happy to be home! I have a very small garden and have spent a small fortune on pots...
1
1

Invite these social climbers into your garden
If you have an ugly fence or a bare expanse of wall, a lush, green vine might be the answer you=92re looking for. The word =93vine=94 once referred only to grape plants, but now in American English...
1
1

Shaping Lilac Tree
I have planted four Lilac trees at the back of my property for eventual privacy above the six foot fence. I hope to create an above ground hedge I would like to try and bend some of the branches...
2
2

Arbico Organics?
Anyone ever do business with, or know anything about, Arbico Organics? I like personal recommendations or not before I do online with a company. Thanks Charlie ARBICO Organics offers a wide variety of...
2
2

Frankenfood Sugar Beets
This message is from my co-op - Coopportunity, Santa Monica CA To sign an on-line petition against GE sugar beets, go to Genetically Engineered Sugar Beets Iowa City, Iowa (April 29, 2008) ? With...
5
5

Roundup - how far travel?
Please don't lynch me for asking about the "R" word! I just had HUGE amounts of the worst, most deep-rooted weed-grass taken out of a rose path, and don't want to go through that again soon! Already...
40
40

California poppies and peat pots
I've been trying to grow poppies at various times over the past two months on a couple of bare plots in my front and back yards. The climate is the San Francisco Bay Area, and California poppies are...
8
8