Subject Author Posted Replies

Cactus flower
I missed the bloom. Lasted only 1-1/2 days. Will it bloom again? Short; barrel-shaped. I don't have a pic, but the nearest I could find on-line is: Echinocereus_ petinatus (Wikipedia) Anybody? HB
8
8

Ping Brooklyn1: how do you keep grass out of your garden?
Hi Brooklyn1, I noticed on the pictures of your garden that it is surrounded by grass. Mine is surrounded on two sides and I can't keep the stinkin' grass out of it. How do you do it? -T
3
3

OT: Any Libertarians out there?
1. Ayn Rand wasn't a "libertarian." In fact, she despised them. 2. Most libertarians aren't particularly enamored of Rand's philosophy either. The most common on-line comment I've seen of the New...
3
3

Winter Solstice..
...has been celebrated since pre-historic times, when our ancestors observed with dismay that the Sun seemed to be going away, so they created rites to make it return. Among many Websites explains a...
3
3

Dinner Tonight...
Have you ever though of selling the mulch as green tea? Bet no one would be able to tell the difference! :-)
14
14

Fertizlizing just before rain
Looks like we're in for rain every week or so in the PRC (Calif). Grass is growing like crazy, with the weather still in the 60-70's. What kind of treatment is good just before a 1-2 inch rain? Snuffy
10
10

OT: Microwave cooking
Friends, as things are a bit slow this time of year, can I get input to dea l with a friend who has an (ill-founded IMHO) prejudice against microwave c ooking. I need ammo because this is a mature...
35
35

the wormies
are still doing great and i can't be happier with how this project has come along over the past fourish years or so. recently i've had the bean pods from shelling to get integrated into all the bins...

fungus
hello im new here so don't know if im posting in the right place or not Ive recently noticed fungus growing on the trunk of my plum tree and hope someone can help me regarding saving the tree should i...
8
8

rain in California
i hope you folks are getting some good rains now (but not too much too quickly)! songbird
4
4

Newbie
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and from what I've seen it looks good👍 lots of useful info on all things gardens & plants,
4
4

Re: A quick question
Wear a steel belted radial underwire bra to support your Double Ds.

What to do with all the leaves?
In the 70s people used to burn them in my hometown, I remember my dad doing it but it was noticed that's not really good idea when the flaming leaves get on houses, dry bushes, etc. And the city...
27
27

Fig tree, Zone 5
Well, I am an optimist, so I am trying. My brother-in-law is an expert gardener and has raised figs for many years....but he digs a trench and buries his tree each year. He gave us a small tree (much...
4
4

Growing cotton
Has anyone ever grown cotton in their home garden? I've just ordered seeds for 3 different coloured cotton so would like some growing tips form anyone with experience. I am after the bolls as I'm a...
27
27