Subject Author Posted Replies

Sumpthin' to Consider
Rainwater Harvesting ideas.......google gives lots of good ideas for this and greywater usage. The Oil Drum | Not found

orchid pix
i put my decidedly unphotogenic little orchid's photos up on my flickr page: try this: in advance for any ID help lee http://www.flickr.com/photos/redenigma/thanks...
5
5

Gardens in the News
's growing at the White House? By Ellen Goodman July 4, 2008 SCARBOROUGH, Maine IT HAS BEEN decades since that famous forager Euell Gibbons reached through the White House fence and picked four edible...
8
8

covering old stones
Hi there i have a back garden lawn which is 18" higher than my path and up and down everywhere.I am looking to dig out a lot of mud and try to level it out and buy a new lawn,but my problem is getting...

How to stop tree sprouting.
Hi - I have a small maple in the middle of my lawn that has failed to do anything much and it must go. If I cut the trunk (which is only a couple of inches thick) to the base, how do I stop it...
11
11

Daylily Rust
Does anyone know what to do about daylily rust?

basic orchid care?
i bought an orchid because it was in the dollar bin (regularly $13.99) no ID tags. other than filtered sunlight, what makes orchids happy? lee
9
9

Could I get a weed ID please
I am getting overrun by two weeds this year, well two additional weeds anyway. Thing is I never saw them before this year, so I'm wondering where they came from (bird droppings??). At any rate the...
7
7

Pullin' weeds
On average, how much time would you say you devote per week pulling weeds from the garden? I say per week, rather than per day because I used to pull weeds on the farm - but I don't live on a farm...
26
26

Ground Elder
Good afternoon to you all. Can someone help us. We have ground elder growing up in amongst the ivy. We would like to kill off the ground elder without killing the ivy. We were looking to us round up...
4
4

Japanese Willow
I'm thinking of buying a Japanese Willow and was wondering if anybody had any advice on planting area, compost type, soil type etc? How fast do they grow and do they need regular pruning? I heard a...
5
5

dialogue Radio and TV
Lots of topics. Here are five dealing with Agriculture. Enjoy! Bill

After the mexican primrose
Two years ago an area in our front yard was invaded by the beautiful mexican primrose, here in Long Beach, CA. The flowers are beautiful - then die out about this time of year, leaving rhyzomes for...
3
3

Amazon Lily/Eucharist Lily
I am unable to find one of these anywhere, except one for sale which is too much money for too small a plant. Does anyone have a larger one? I don't mind paying if I can afford it, and paying for...
4
4

No Till Farming
If you are interested, you might want to look at the article on no till farming in the July Scientific American (page 70, I think). It is mostly an industrial approach but the article finishes by...
11
11